Subaru Ascent Forum banner
181 - 200 of 224 Posts

· Registered
2019 Ascent Limited, 2015 WRX, 2022 OB Onyx
5,271 Posts
I just found a local dealer who says they participate in the VIP program. So, I can donate $500 to the ASPCA and get something from them that I take to the dealer, right?
yes. use the advanced search for my post (and others) describing in detail the process.

make certain you ask in advance of your order what their dealer fees are and if they require any dealer add-ons.

· Registered
22 Posts
Are you getting "Dealer VIP" or "Subaru VIP". The latter requires a donation to a participating charity program partner (or an employer benefit) and a certificate that authorizes the pricing to a participating dealer. Many dealers are not participating in the program at present, but that will hopefully resolve over time. If it's "Dealer VIP", MSRP may be a better price than their other customers, but has nothing to do with the Subaru VIP program.

With Subaru VIP, it's very important to confirm up-front with a dealer that they are actually participating in the program before you agree to buy/order a vehicle and watch out for other fees/add-ons they might foist to make up for hard profits they prefer to make right now in a sellers' market.
What the heck is "Dealer VIP"?

· Registered
5,271 Posts
pay no attention to the dealer VIP verbiage. just look at the bottom line discount. Subaru has had a VIP pricing program for many years. That program has been detailed out in this forum by myself and others. the Subaru VIP program used to provide pricing at 2% blow dealer invoice through some partners. Currently the program provides for dealer invoice pricing for customers.

Follow the Subaru VIP process and buy your vehicle at the dealer invoice price, which for my 2023 Ascent was $3300 below MSRP. The VIP program does not control dealer fees which I have posted about ad nauseam. Also be aware of possible dealer accessory requirements. Again these have nothing to do with the Subaru VIP program. The dealership I just bought my 22' Outback through and I am currently buying my 23' Ascent through does not require any accessories or option package, nor do they charge any dealer fees. Every dealership is different so it is worth checking.

· Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
6,279 Posts
Some dealers use the term to make customers like repeat customers feel special and it has nothing to do with the official Subaru VIP pricing program. My dealer does that...but they at least back it up with supposedly more favorable pricing. But they also accept Subaru VIP...

Reactions: packout

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi y'all! I just wanted to that everyone for the contributions to this thread. Discovering the VIP program through this site helped confirm my decision to grab my first subie. Having already test-driven there, I called my local dealership and asked if they participate. Not only do they participate but will honor VIP pricing on in-stock vehicles (provided the discount is at invoice - anything below would only apply to orders). I made my donation and am waiting for the form. Should be picking up my new Ascent within the next few weeks. Thanks again and I look forward to getting to know y'all!

· Registered
5,271 Posts
How is it determined if it's at invoice or a % below. I got my letter from SOA and it specified at invoice, not 2% below.
In the past it varied depending on the partner non profit, but now they all are at invoice. It changed in early 2022. My 22' Outback slid in at 2% below while my 23' was at dealer invoice.

· Registered
477 Posts
VIP Invoice pricing was completely seamless for us. All completed online in less than 24 hours. It's basically getting your vehicle for $500 over invoice, albeit donating to a charity...which is a good thing

For the Limited package we got, the difference was 2.1% better than the deal the dealer offered to start with. (7.4% off MSRP vs 5.3%). Net savings was $560 ($60 was decreased sales tax). Still ...$560 bucks is $560 bucks and was worthwhile. This was the standard invoice pricing...not 2% less. A loyalty coupon for $500 was a good thing too.

I would do it again if we get another Subaru and they offer the same deal

· Registered
5,271 Posts
I'm going to buy using the Subaru VIP program. I donated $500 to the ASPCA. What should I do next?

note that the pricing is now dealer invoice.

· Registered
22 Posts

note that the pricing is now dealer invoice.
OK, so I submitted the request on the ASPCA web site. I got this back in an email:
"Thank you for submitting a VIP verification form request! Due to the high volume of requests, please allow up to 5 business days for your form to be processed."

· Registered
5,271 Posts
OK, so I submitted the request on the ASPCA web site. I got this back in an email:
"Thank you for submitting a VIP verification form request! Due to the high volume of requests, please allow up to 5 business days for your form to be processed."
The process wss detailed out in the link i just posted.

· Super Moderator
6,279 Posts
@garya505 , have you confirmed with your target dealer(s) that they are participating in the VIP program? That's kinda important...

· Registered
477 Posts
I paid the $500 to the ASPCA by CC. I got the same message you did about the 5 day wait. I didn't wait. I contacted a VIP Subaru person by email to say I had donated the money. She asked me to forward my confirmation of purchase to her email. I did. The voucher was emailed to me the next day. My dealer also got the same paperwork. I never even had to bring it into him when we closed the deal. The whole thing happened in about 24 hours.

· Registered
22 Posts
@garya505 , have you confirmed with your target dealer(s) that they are participating in the VIP program? That's kinda important...
Yes, I emailed the General Manager to ask a few months ago and then again yesterday. She said yes both times.

It's a good sign when you ask someone at an auto dealership the same question twice and get the same answer. ;)

· Registered
22 Posts
I paid the $500 to the ASPCA by CC. I got the same message you did about the 5 day wait. I didn't wait. I contacted a VIP Subaru person by email to say I had donated the money. She asked me to forward my confirmation of purchase to her email. I did. The voucher was emailed to me the next day. My dealer also got the same paperwork. I never even had to bring it into him when we closed the deal. The whole thing happened in about 24 hours.
Did you send the confirmation of purchase to [email protected] or [email protected] ?

· Super Moderator
6,279 Posts
It's a good sign when you ask someone at an auto dealership the same question twice and get the same answer.
How....strange... :D :D :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
22 Posts
Just an update. I received this in an email today, without any further action on my part. Looks like they are processing these a little faster, since I received this less than 24 hours after submitting my VIP verification request to ASPCA.

"Thank you for your interest in the Subaru VIP Program for ASPCA Guardians and Founders!
I have confirmed your eligibility and submitted your membership information to Subaru. You will receive the Subaru VIP Retailer Visit Authorization form directly from Subaru via email from [email protected] within two business days. Please note that each form is valid for 45 days. It is also important to know that you must receive your form before contacting your participating Subaru retailer in order to qualify for this offer. If you purchase or lease a new Subaru without this form, you will not receive the VIP offer. The VIP program cannot be applied after a purchase has been made.
Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or need further assistance. You may also contact Subaru directly via email at [email protected] or 1-800-VIP-0933."

181 - 200 of 224 Posts