Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Newbie here. This forum has been an excellent source of information for me. Much appreciated. Also first time Subaru buyer. My wife and I made the ASPCA one time donation to get VIP pricing right away. Haven’t received the verification form yet, but a dealer (and their district manager) are saying that they participate in the program but that it is only invoice price and not 2% under. I was hoping to see if anyone recently received a verification form and if the program had changed their benefits. Thanks!

· Registered
23 Posts
Welcome! The authorization letter clearly states “retailer invoice cost minus two percent.” Should be consistent for everyone who used the ASPCA program. As I understand it, if the dealer accepts VIP pricing, then they follow whatever is stated on the letter.

· Registered
253 Posts
Hi everyone. Newbie here. This forum has been an excellent source of information for me. Much appreciated. Also first time Subaru buyer. My wife and I made the ASPCA one time donation to get VIP pricing right away. Haven’t received the verification form yet, but a dealer (and their district manager) are saying that they participate in the program but that it is only invoice price and not 2% under. I was hoping to see if anyone recently received a verification form and if the program had changed their benefits. Thanks!
So you can fill out this form https://www.aspca.org/about-us/strategic-cause-partnerships/subaru/subaru-vip-partner-program. In the Member Number field, say "New Member". Submit the form. You can follow-up with an email to [email protected] and a nice lady by the name of Elizabeth should respond, confirm your eligibility and then send your Authorization Form. A copy of that form should also be sent to the dealer you've indicated. The forms are good for 45 days. When you're ready to purchase, bring the form with you and when it comes time to discuss pricing, present the form. The dealer should honor what is on the form, which in the case of ASPCA is invoice minus 2%. You can calculate what your invoice price is from NADA website. This offer also applies to all accessories you purchase with your Subaru. However, it will not apply to the destination charge or anything else (like TTL or other document prep fees). This is exactly how it worked for me. The salesman was a little surprised at the price I got for my Touring. They have been so popular, they are getting close to MSRP on most of them. It's a shame more people don't know about the VIP program.

Good luck!

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your responses. I have done all the steps and am waiting for the verification form and a reply back from subaru. I am hoping I can get that tomorrow so I can pick up my car tomorrow!

· Registered
304 Posts
Thank you for your responses. I have done all the steps and am waiting for the verification form and a reply back from subaru. I am hoping I can get that tomorrow so I can pick up my car tomorrow!
If your dealer does not accept invoice -2%, they're probably not going to honor the ASPCA VIP pricing. They may still offer you the standard VIP pricing, however.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They said they do accept the ASPCA VIP pricing but do not think it is 2% under invoice. I am guessing they haven't had many use this program at their dealership because they had to call the district manager to confirm (even though they said it was just invoice). I received my email from ASPCA verifying my status as a Founder member. I emailed VIP Subaru like one of the threads said to in order for them to expedite the process and hopefully send me and the dealership a copy of the form which says 2% under invoice.

- I am in the chicagoland area. Many of the dealerships I talked to will accept VIP ASPCA pricing, but most of them will only do it for factory orders and not the Ascents on the lot. I understand because many of those dealerships aren't going very far below MSRP so I do not fault the dealerships from wanting to profit from the demand of these vehicles. Luckily some of them still accept it for Ascents on the lot.

· Registered
4 Posts
VIP Pricing - ASPCA Just worked here in NJ

VIP Pricing - ASPCA Just worked here in NJ. Ordered a Touring a couple of hours ago.

The dealer "forgot" to apply the 2% under part until I called him out on it. I almost feel bad- but then I got whacked on the other fees being even crazier than I remembered the last time I bought a car (reg, doc, etc).

But the program pricing did work, so there's that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.