Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering with VIP pricing the one I ordered did not have A hitch. They said I could add it for $600.
Im wondering if I should be getting anything off or is $600 A good price?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
Just wondering with VIP pricing the one I ordered did not have A hitch. They said I could add it for $600.
Our Ascent had a factory installed hitch, so I cannot comment on what is a "good" price for having a Subaru hitch installed. Having said that, the factory hitch is obviously designed for the car, and is an integral part of its structure. It includes both a seven pin and a four pin connector. There are aftermarket hitches out there for the Ascent, and there are other forum members who can talk more intelligently about them than I can. For me the decision process for deciding what hitch I would install depends entirely on what you want to use it for. If all you are considering is mounting a bike rack or towing a small utility trailer, under a thousand pounds, then an aftermarket hitch might be okay. However, if you plan on towing up to the Ascent's max tow capacity of 5,000 lbs (assuming you have the Premium trim or above), than I would strongly recommend the OEM hitch.

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
A car/package is at whatever the VIP Program specifies, for instance 2% below invoice or invoice. Factory installed accessories are at cost (not 2% below). Dealer installed accessories that are on the same order as the car are at parts cost, but dealer's labor rate. Any accessories or options that are not on the order are charged at whatever the dealer's price is or whatever price they may negotiate with you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would but I had it on order for 3 weeks now and is due in any day. $600 is not bad considering almost $4500 off of A limited

Thanks for the info guys I was just wondering but I will comment on it and see what happens but not going to make A big deal about it

·
Registered
71 Posts
I chose to order what I could, factory installed - saving labor and ensuring it was done to factory spec

1 - 7 of 7 Posts