Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone who has placed a pre-order with a VON recieved any confirmation of a VIN for their vehicle? I wonder where Subaru is on the production? I have a VON, but have not finalized the deal; the whole thing is up in the air. I have some business to attend to and may be 'out of town' so to speak when the car arrives at the dealer. Bad timing. I was thinking that I could cancel the order and defer it for a later date giving that allocation to someone who is less patient. It certainly would have been easier to just buy one off the lot, but I would imagine that scenario will be way into next year judging from the interest in the Ascent.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Has anyone who has placed a pre-order with a VON recieved any confirmation of a VIN for their vehicle? I wonder where Subaru is on the production? I have a VON, but have not finalized the deal; the whole thing is up in the air. I have some business to attend to and may be 'out of town' so to speak when the car arrives at the dealer. Bad timing. I was thinking that I could cancel the order and defer it for a later date giving that allocation to someone who is less patient. It certainly would have been easier to just buy one off the lot, but I would imagine that scenario will be way into next year judging from the interest in the Ascent.

I did read somewhere not on here that D-day would be this Monday or next, so I am thinking they haven't even made any productions cars at this time. from past experiences you get you VIN at the 30 day mark.

Reactions: cjkenton

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey Steve, my understanding is that Subie wasn't going to even begin final productions until May. Depending on color choice, I would assume people who got their orders placed in Feb will get VIN's in the next week or two...?
BTW, very generous of you to offer up your allocation. Someone would have to pry mine out of my cold, dead fingers :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Oh wow we are getting close. Hopefully people will start saying they have their VIN numbers soon so we know production has started!

My wife is excited as I am about getting a new vehicle now and my current vehicle is starting to show more issues. Doesn't always start, runs rough at times, and shakes at high speeds. I can't wait to get the new Ascent home!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW, very generous of you to offer up your allocation. Someone would have to pry mine out of my cold, dead fingers :)
I would like to think it’s more like letting some people slip in line to delay delivery. I could understand how people could get paranoid about losing their place in line. The only evidence I can offer is what I saw at an auto show: the Subaru display, more specifically the Ascent was getting more than it’s share of attention. It was on a Thusday, the first day of the show. Ever see news coverage of people camped out for days at the Apple Store when a new iPhone comes out or movie theater when a Star Trek movie is showing. No one was wearing Spok ears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts