Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a vibration under the second row (I have captains chairs) from time to time? It seems like it is coming from below the floor but can be felt by the second row passengers. Thanks

·
Registered
685 Posts
Does anyone else have a vibration under the second row (I have captains chairs) from time to time? It seems like it is coming from below the floor but can be felt by the second row passengers. Thanks
Is it felt in moderate accelerations and driveline load changes? Or is it a vibration at higher speeds with less driveline load?

For vibrations felt through driveline load changes, I bet one of these would help.

https://www.ascentforums.com/forum/10-engine-technical-discussion/1525-cke-ssp-cvt-mount-insert.html

These are NOT just for lifted applications. All applications can benefit from one. I have been my own happy customer for over 5 years. (in a different application)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The vibration is felt at different times including when idling, like at a stop light.

I didn't really understand what your link was, was it a part that you add to the engine?

thanks again

·
Registered
685 Posts
The vibration is felt at different times including when idling, like at a stop light.

I didn't really understand what your link was, was it a part that you add to the engine?

thanks again
No it's an insert for the CVT transmission mount. The OEM mount has a hollow void to allow for a certain amount of movement. The exhaust will also have a hard hanger usually off the transmission near the mount. Depending on exhaust or engine load, some minor vibrations can be transferred through the mount. The insert shores up the CVT mount and helps stabilize it.

These inserts are pretty successful with just about all other Subaru models. CVT or regular 4EAT/5EAT. I am just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Weird that Subaru is unaware. I took mine in and they had a regional tech flown in to look at it. After two days they had no answers. Also weird that when you turn on the back a/c in the console it stops it.

Try that next time your kids tell you it is vibrating and it goes right off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, My brand new ascent is at the dealer in Norwalk, CT where I bought the car and they can't figure it out. I won't take the car back until they fix it. If the car is in drive, with a/c on you do not feel the vibration in the second row seats. Once you turn the a/c off, it starts. I also notice it little bit in the drivers seat. The loaner that I have is a basic ascent with a bench seat and there is no vibration. I feel the vibration on the floor as well. Not happy with this car so far. I also found the moon roof is very loud, I brought the car in the second week I owned it. I thought that the car had a leaky seal. We drove another ascent to find the same thing was happening.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Weird that Subaru is unaware. I took mine in and they had a regional tech flown in to look at it. After two days they had no answers. Also weird that when you turn on the back a/c in the console it stops it.

Try that next time your kids tell you it is vibrating and it goes right off.
The dealer is in the process of having a tech come out, doesn't sound promising according to your experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts