Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We own the 2019 Premium Ascent. There’s a vibrating noise coming from under the dashboard for the past several months and it is frustrating. Has anyone had this same issue?

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
We own the 2019 Premium Ascent. There’s a vibrating noise coming from under the dashboard for the past several months and it is frustrating. Has anyone had this same issue?
A few people found a loose sunglasses holder (or glasses in it) vibrating and echoing off the windshield, seemingly coming from under the dash.

If you can replicate it, I'd have it checked out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this same issue. I was able to track it down, actually to the outside of the vehicle even though it sounded like it was in the dash. The place piece at the bottom of the windshield, there is a large centerpiece and two corner pieces. One of the corner pieces (passenger side) was loose, I pushed down on it and heard a snap sound. Evidently it had come loose, that fixed it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We will try this and see if it eliminates this vibration especially while we are idling. I’m having second thoughts on our purchase of a first generation vehicle. We’ve already had a AC leak in the line. It’s since been been repaired.
I’ll update soon. Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
I tracked mine down to the drivers side AC vent pipe. If I reach under the dash and wiggle it, it will stop for a day or two. I have some left over felt tape from my rattling overhead console I fixed that I'm going to use between the vent and the pipe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We will try this and see if it eliminates this vibration especially while we are idling. I’m having second thoughts on our purchase of a first generation vehicle. We’ve already had a AC leak in the line. It’s since been been repaired.
I’ll update soon. Thanks
We took our 2019 Ascent to the dealer this week and they isolated the vibrating problem we were hearing on the passenger side. The right front strut was in bad need of replacing. It had worn prematurely causing this vibrating noise. I hope this is the last issue with this first generation vehicle! We had 2 recalls on it as well but those checked out fine. I am driving a loaner Outback until next week. I do miss my roomy Ascent with the turbo!

·
Registered
731 Posts
I ended up felt taping the entire sunglasses holder. Really had to do every nook and corner and cranny of to be 100% silent. I’ve got some slight ticks all over the steering wheels and dash area when hitting rough asphalt. Must be a Subaru!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have owned my Touring since Oct 2018; has roughly 18000 miles. I have noticed what sounds like wiring vibrating against some plastic in the dash area directly above the instrument cluster. I can apply some downward pressure with my hand and it stops. DRIVES ME CRAZY!! Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
731 Posts
I know what it takes to rip the the entire dash out of the Ascent. I watched the dealer do it 3 separate times with mine. It’s involved, to say the least. So, if there’s anyway, with some good dexterity, to reach up really far underneath, it’s pretty much wide open. You just might be able to yank on those wires from underneath and get them to quiet themselves.
Ive been all up and around in there running power and signal wires for an aftermarket subwoofer/amp. Stay away from the yellow airbag harnesses.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I had that front dash trim piece bulging up from the factory. It was so bad it was sticking up past the black windshield border on the drivers side.
Long story short, after dealing with completely incompetent techs and multiple trips and multiple scratched parts, once it was all said and done, a thick piece of sound deadening was folded onto itself (installed incorrectly at the factory) and pushed the entire dash upwards to the point where the dash “took shape” and had to be completely replaced along with a ton of other parts and clips etc.
I was just about to lose my mind and I told the dealer I was not coming back again concerning this issue, and they finally got it all taken care of. Wife just about lost it too.
Anyway, there’s a TON of stuff that has to come out (entire steering column/assembly) obviously radio, vents, hvac, glovebox, airbags, a pillars etc etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts