Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mileage-battle-buddy Sheena has officially beat me for December, and retaken the lead!!!

I'm only at 46,946 miles. ??

That's OK. January will be mine!!! ???

#Subaru #SubaruofAmerica #SubaruAmbassador #SubaruAmbassadorRobert #SubieLove #SubaruAscent #AscentAdventure #AscentAdventures #highmileage

·
Super Moderator
2,457 Posts
I hope you like challenges... these two have you beat! I’m curious about that mileage on the first one. Maybe an extra zero in there...
Product Text Website Vehicle door Font
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Sport utility vehicle

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
The title implies that our ascent will likely to last something about 100k miles.

I often tell people my previous 4Runner has a lot of life left, about 100k left. They were surprised that it has 300k miles on the odometer.

“Very high mile club” should be reserved for like 500k miles, not 50k. Don’t mean to be a party pooper but words have meaning.

·
Super Moderator
2,457 Posts
@Trey T thats a very small club with a potentially high admission price! Besides diesels, I don't personally know anyone who would be able to join that club.I consider my Bimmer high mileage at 222k, but many high mileage oils seem to be marketing to the 75k range.
He(she) who makes it to 500k in the Ascent first shall be president of its high mileage club!

·
Registered
731 Posts
My current expectation out of any Japan vehicle I buy is at least 200,000. Whether I own them that long (highly unlikely) is another discussion. If I can hit 200,000mi in my wife’s Jeep (an awful Chrysler product), then I certainly should be able to do that in a Japan-designed vehicle. I’m not real sure my Forester XTs engine or CVT would’ve made it (which is another reason it’s gone.)

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The title implies that our ascent will likely to last something about 100k miles.

I often tell people my previous 4Runner has a lot of life left, about 100k left. They were surprised that it has 300k miles on the odometer.

“Very high mile club” should be reserved for like 500k miles, not 50k. Don’t mean to be a party pooper but words have meaning.
Do you have a suggestion?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,904 Posts
I take it as very high mileage for the short time period that Robert has owned the vehicle. I don't disagree that language can get in the way, but intent matters and I personally think it has been clear that this is about racking up miles much faster than most of us.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm still open to suggestions though, since many people come from outside to view the forums.

·
Registered
377 Posts
@Trey T thats a very small club with a potentially high admission price! Besides diesels, I don't personally know anyone who would be able to join that club.I consider my Bimmer high mileage at 222k, but many high mileage oils seem to be marketing to the 75k range.
He(she) who makes it to 500k in the Ascent first shall be president of its high mileage club!
There are a few Toyota Tundras documented to have passed the 1,000,000 mile mark. Lots of highway miles and religious maintenance was the common factors for those few.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
My 2000 Ford Taurus has 280,000 miles. I recently replaced a 1992 Chevy Cavalier which had 260,000 miles. Of course they had some non engine parts replaced.

·
Registered
920 Posts
LOL, I was in the running when I first got my Ascent. Put 18k miles on it in the first 6 months. Then moved much closer to work and moved in with my fiancee, so went from driving 100 miles/day to 15!

Only 25k miles after 14 months now.

I might still have the most miles of towing at 3,500 though! :D

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's the highest mileage commercially used Ascent that I've been able to find and confirm.

Yes, you are not misreading that odometer. That's 122,242 miles with no major issues.

Car runs 20hrs a day.
I should elaborate more since I’m sure you all would like to know.

Zero major issues (that would put it out of commission at all)

Minor issues include:
  • interior lights burning out repeatedly
  • hesitating and surging more than just the rev hang and turbo lag (spark plugs replaced 6months in)
  • wonky drivers window can tilt slightly in its track
  • burning oil smell (dealership did it’s first oil change and proceeded to leave the oil fill cap off. It barfed all its oil over the engine bay at 6000miles)
And so far, the highest confirmed privately owned Ascents...
(not counting two demo cars that later got sold to private owners) are Sheena and I, at just over 50,000 miles (her) and just under 50,000 miles (me). I break 50,000 miles tomorrow, and probably slip past her next weekend (to be overtaken again in early February).

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
122k miles is great, I wonder how many miles James has now
221,939 miles the last time we checked in with him a month or two ago.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Recalls, and regular maintenance, from what I understand. You can tell from the very high mileage that they unflinchingly use the car extensively.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts