Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quiet large wet dry shop vac but it is a bit bulky to use for the vehicle (even with the long hose. Instead I started using a great cordless shop vac tool I also use for work. It has plenty of power, has a HEPA filter, is rechargeable, reasonable cost, very portable and compact. I can readily recommend it for use on the Ascent.

Shop vac

·
Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Do any of y’all wanna come show me that vacuum in action to convince me?
I’ve tried my battery powered Dyson with meh results. At only 18v the Milwaukee doesn’t give me a warm cushy feeling about what it can do...especially since it’s hp and suction specs aren’t even listed.

Theres a local car wash here with free vacuums. They don’t enforce having to buy a wash before using them so I use them liberally. They have very strong suction but I still find it’s only just enough to get most of the sand out of the carpet, especially the trunk stuff.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I'm invested into Ryobi 18V tools (good enough for weekend warrior/homeowner use), so I have the 18V wet/dry vac from them. It sucks real nice! I wish it came with a brush attachment though. It's definitely more powerful than my Dyson handheld, but the Dyson works better to get tiny grains of sand out the interior because it has a brush. I'm sure I can find a brush that would fit on the Ryobi, just haven't looked.

Regardless, a wet/dry vac is a must have for any household. Just recenty I used mine to empty out my washing machine that stopped in the middle of a cycle, filled with water. I had to unclog the pump filter, but the water needed to be drained before doing that. I've done the job a few times before with a cup and a bucket and lots of towels. The wet/dry vac took mere seconds and is much funner to use. Then I had to move an aquarium in order to make way for an excercise bike. The wet/dry vac came to the rescue once again (no fish were harmed).

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'm invested into Ryobi 18V tools (good enough for weekend warrior/homeowner use), so I have the 18V wet/dry vac from them. It sucks real nice! I wish it came with a brush attachment though. It's definitely more powerful than my Dyson handheld, but the Dyson works better to get tiny grains of sand out the interior because it has a brush. I'm sure I can find a brush that would fit on the Ryobi, just haven't looked.

Regardless, a wet/dry vac is a must have for any household. Just recenty I used mine to empty out my washing machine that stopped in the middle of a cycle, filled with water. I had to unclog the pump filter, but the water needed to be drained before doing that. I've done the job a few times before with a cup and a bucket and lots of towels. The wet/dry vac took mere seconds and is much funner to use. Then I had to move an aquarium in order to make way for an excercise bike. The wet/dry vac came to the rescue once again (no fish were harmed).
I too own some Ryobi 18v products and was looking at the vac they make,seeing that you like it I might just pick one up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts