Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded my 2020 Forester Sport for a 2020 Ascent Limited! I wanted an Onyx edition badly but decided I really preferred the bench seating for my family of 4 (two kids in carseats) 😪

That said, I've seen some other posts about BYO Onyx edition and I'm debating going that route with the grille BUT I have never worked on a car before. How hard would it be for an absolute novice like me to do myself? Would you guys recommend leaving it to the professionals? Also OEM black rims? Or other brands? EEP! I'm just so happy to have the car!

If you've blacked out and customized your Ascent, drop pics! I love seeing what others have done 🤗

Also, sidenote: the trade-in on my Forester Sport absolutely blew me away. The car market is wild right now.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
33 Posts
My wife just recently bought a 2021 Ascent Limited and loves it. They are nice vehicles for sure and Subaru has the best AWD system hands down. We also have a 2012 Outback Limited with the 3.6 and it is still running strong. Congrats and enjoy the extra room the Ascent affords you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife just recently bought a 2021 Ascent Limited and loves it. They are nice vehicles for sure and Subaru has the best AWD system hands down. We also have a 2012 Outback Limited with the 3.6 and it is still running strong. Congrats and enjoy the extra room the Ascent affords you.
Thank you!! I'm so excited. I had looked at a few other makes, but the Forester really was such a great car and my parents had gotten one a few months ago. I'm looking forward to our first road trip in the Ascent.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank you!! I'm so excited. I had looked at a few other makes, but the Forester really was such a great car and my parents had gotten one a few months ago. I'm looking forward to our first road trip in the Ascent.
Dollar for dollar no vehicle in Subaru’s lineup beats the Forester of late. Best money spent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dollar for dollar no vehicle in Subaru’s lineup beats the Forester of late. Best money spent.
I would definitely agree. I learned this weekend that the Ascent doesn't have the automatic steering in cruise control like the Forester. I really liked that feature.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,600 Posts
I would definitely agree. I learned this weekend that the Ascent doesn't have the automatic steering in cruise control like the Forester. I really liked that feature.
2021 got the additional capability for lane centering.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent Touring
16 Posts
I have found on my 2021 that the lane centering is overly responsive in cruise control than it is when not in cruise control. Not sure if just my car, but it drives my wife crazy the difference with overly corrective motions with cruise on.

·
Registered
21 Ascent Premium, 18 Outback Ltd 2.5
552 Posts
I have found on my 2021 that the lane centering is overly responsive in cruise control than it is when not in cruise control. Not sure if just my car, but it drives my wife crazy the difference with overly corrective motions with cruise on.
With ACC (adaptive cruise control) on the lane centering kicks in, which is what you're describing (and I tend to agree, after one ~150 mile round trip of use).

With ACC off it's in lane keep assist mode which just bumps you back into your lane if eyesight detects you going over the line. Much less intrusive IMO.

Edit: see this post:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah! I didn't realize. Had I known beforehand, I still don't think it would've been a deal breaker though. I'm really loving the ride in the Ascent and sitting up higher

1 - 9 of 9 Posts