Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, you read that right. Labor Day weekend found a used Ascent sitting on the dealers lot. Previous owner had it 31 days. Wow. It was the only Ascent the dealer had. It popped up on Car Gurus. I swung by to take a look and sure enough there it was. Cancelled my order and bought it on the spot. They did discount it, certified pre-owned, and a great trade offer on my previous non-subaru vehicle. Could not be more thrilled. Now if the trailer hitch will just show up.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting on both of those. No, its a mid-west car from the KC area. No motion sick except when I forget that I am not driving a WRX. No possessed car routine either. I am already addicted to Eyesight.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Previous owner had it 31 days.
We've actually had a couple of those. Their sold orders came in, they were thrilled, and then after they'd had them less than a month decided they wanted something else.

First one back in lasted about 5 minutes, other one is still here and we're using it for test drives, so we don't have to move the Touring off the show-room floor.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
We've actually had a couple of those. Their sold orders came in, they were thrilled, and then after they'd had them less than a month decided they wanted something else.

First one back in lasted about 5 minutes, other one is still here and we're using it for test drives, so we don't have to move the Touring off the show-room floor.
How does the return process work for something like this?

Reactions: imalittle1

·
Registered
646 Posts
I have seen one base model in Denver at a dealer on the used lot. I'm not sure what to think about that. Perhaps this happens from time to time with new models. The more I drive mine the more I like it but this car was really hyped from the beginning. In fact, I heard a guy at the auto show say he ordered without any information on it. I can see folks who really did not need the space that purchased one trading for the next Outback with the same engine.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I can see folks who really did not need the space that purchased one trading for the next Outback with the same engine.
I want the same engine in one of my Denver Outbacks.

But that's a hack a bit beyond my skills. I can handle the mechanical side. Trying to mind-meld the ECU electronics is the hang up.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
The Colorado car is a base not a premium and the other has 325 miles on it which could of made it a demo?. I find it hard to believe if you test drove one then purchased it and said this is not for me after 325 miles.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Here are two other pre-owned Ascents - I knew there would be some available before January 2019. These vehicles are available in the Denver area (Premium and Touring). The Ascent is no different than any other vehicle: some people buy it and like it and other people are disappointed for whatever reason.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...Radius=500&makeCode1=SUB&modelCode1=SUBASCENT

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...Radius=500&makeCode1=SUB&modelCode1=SUBASCENT
The Colorado car is a base not a premium and the other has 325 miles on it which could of made it a demo?. I find it hard to believe if you test drove one then purchased it and said this is not for me after 325 miles.

Another salesman that works here with me said he doesn't like his new Ascent nearly as much as he liked his Outback that he traded in. But his wife is absolutely in love so he is keeping it :)

·
Registered
561 Posts
If i wouldn't lose my @$$ I'd trade mine in on another Ascent as mine has had several issues that are not within the norm...probably built 3rd shift Friday:)
I'd feel sorry for person who ended up with mine though...

·
Registered
646 Posts
It will be interesting how Subaru updates the Outback. I suppose they have price it under the Ascent since the Ascent it there flagship or is the Outback going to be? If Subaru goes with one engine for all trims (19 Forester) then they could undercut the Ascent but if they go with 2.4 DIT in limited and touring trims I would think the pricing would be on par with the Ascent

·
Registered
965 Posts
How does the return process work for something like this?
You trade your car in just like normal.

There is no 'return' policy for new cars, where you get to keep it for a month and then change your mind about it. Which means, yes, you take a hit on the value of the car.

·
Registered
965 Posts
It will be interesting how Subaru updates the Outback. I suppose they have price it under the Ascent since the Ascent it there flagship or is the Outback going to be? If Subaru goes with one engine for all trims (19 Forester) then they could undercut the Ascent but if they go with 2.4 DIT in limited and touring trims I would think the pricing would be on par with the Ascent
It's going to go up a little in price, but not drastically. The price jump was this year (2019) with Eyesight being standard. New model will be on the global platform, of course.

Two engines - 2.5i, probably updated in power to the 182 HP that the 2019 Forester has, and 2.4 Turbo, like the Ascent has. Keep in mind that a 3.6R Touring right now is a $41,500 MSRP car once you put a few accessories on it. (That's one thing that gets me - people say a car is such and such price, but then they go, oh, I want this accessory and that accessory, but I don't want to pay for them... Folks, it doesn't work that way. Options are added at the factory, accessories are added at the port OR at the dealership.)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow ... That's a good find. Welcome.

I wonder if @MamaBear5 couldn't take it anymore and traded it back in.

https://www.ascentforums.com/forum/...al-discussion-forum/3305-motion-sickness.html

I wounder if it was, if they left the aftermarket sway bar bushings.

I still have the Ascent! Motion sickness is better :smile: but I'm still having an issue with the noise in the car.

I honestly have a love / hate relationship with the Ascent. I'm not in love with driving it, but I really do love the way it looks. Every time I look at it in the driveway, I actually smile because I think it looks sharp. I'm still just trying to get used to it. It's a big change from my last two cars, the BMW and a Volvo before that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You trade your car in just like normal.

There is no 'return' policy for new cars, where you get to keep it for a month and then change your mind about it. Which means, yes, you take a hit on the value of the car.

As a dealer do you mind disclosing the trade in price?

·
Registered
965 Posts
As a dealer do you mind disclosing the trade in price?
We've got it advertised right now for $35,000, and it is certified. We didn't give them that much. And that's all the specifics I can say about that.

A problem that anyone would have in figuring value is that there simply are NO numbers for comparison. So my managers had to basically drop 10 and punt, but they also erred on the side of caution..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts