Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Use Starlink App to locate your vehicle before delivery

19K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  packout 
#1 ·
I ordered my Ascent Limited 7 seater about two weeks ago and I was surprised to find that I could locate the vehicle at the rail head in Vancouver, WA even before delivery using the starlink app on my Android phone. This morning I saw that it was travelling across Washington state as I did locate vehicle every 10 minutes or so, it seems likely I should have my new Ascent in the garage today!

Anyways, I just wanted to let everyone else know and see if it works for them to. Might be a bit easier then contacting your dealership to get updated info.

#3 ·
You ordered 2 weeks ago and already have a VIN to track? Also, you probably will be picking it up tomorrow as they have to do an arrival pre-check (which takes a few hours).

#11 ·
Yes. It uses the GPS in the car and reports that outward. That GPS is also used for weather (upper display and XM/Sirius weather service, which are one in the same, really), native maps client, Starlink telematics stuff, vehicle recovery, SOS and other location aware services.

#22 ·
So, just to clarify......has anyone done this (tracked vehicle) without having actually signed papers and paid for the vehicle? I have a My Subaru account and can add the VIN there as soon as I receive it. I have the Starlink app but nothings on it since my 2015 Outback is "not compatible".

How will I add my vehicle to Starlink in order to track it or will MySubaru automatically add it?

#23 ·
Unless they activate Starlink for you, and add the vehicle to your account, you cannot do so. I added my vehicle weeks before I received it, but the MySubaru app wouldn't let me do anything with it, because it (the vehicle) was not yet assigned to me.

#26 ·
Until you pay off the car, I suspect they (Chase or whatever bank) would be very unhappy if they couldn't. :sad: :tango_face_wink:

#30 ·
Hi guys, sorry for not posting on the topic, but I wanted to ask you: How can I have my car delivered from the US to the UK? And one more: Does Starlink App still work?
There are various entities out there that will ship vehicles from the US to the UK and other places when one needs to relocate. Do take into account that since Ascent is a "US only" vehicle (with one minor exception out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean), service may be affected. And no, Starlink will not work in the UK...it's nailed to the ATT LTE network.

#29 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi, marinkakiska. I used the Cross Country Car Shipping service to have my car delivered from Boston to Seattle. It didn't cost me a lot. And I think that Starlink App doesn't work anymore. This mobile app is more than two years old and I tried to find some information about it in the AppStore and on the Internet, but there is nothing, so it probably doesn't work anymore. With regard to the delivery of the car, you need to ask if can send your auto to another country. I know that they transport cars across the United States, but whether they transport them to other countries I do not know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.