Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what version of USB is in the Ascent? Does it come with a 3.0, 3.1 or 3.2 USB, or is it lower than 3.0?

·
Registered
36 Posts
White = 1.X USB

Does anyone know what version of USB is in the Ascent? Does it come with a 3.0, 3.1 or 3.2 USB, or is it lower than 3.0?
It is kind of an interesting question. The plastic receptacle color is white, so I assume that the USB connections are of the 1.x version. Were you thinking increased charge speeds?

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
usb speed

I would have appreciated 3.0 or above but realized that given the development time for the vehicle it probably would not have the later versions. Faster charging speed can be helpful in a vehicle.

By the way thanks for addressing the mirror issue. Most drivers are unaware of how to set their mirrors to avoid blind spots.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yea, trying to charge something like an LG phone in some cars is a joke; The charge current ends up being so low that the phone battery dies after 8-10 hours "on the charger".

It necessitates keeping a higher current charging adapter in my purse so I can use the navigation on my phone (in most rental cars).

I looked around and found a USB 3.1 socket that can supply high rate charging AND the data connection for music. Most of the USB sockets in the vehicle are for charging only.

If you want to be really clever you can put in the charge/data jacks in other spots (like the back seat) and install a small 4-port USB hub in the glove box, center console or under the dash.. Then the back seat passenger can dock up their phone or tablet for music at the headunit.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yea, trying to charge something like an LG phone in some cars is a joke; The charge current ends up being so low that the phone battery dies after 8-10 hours "on the charger".
My LG V20 charges to full and holds the charge in the Ascent while using android auto for music and google maps. :dunno: Maybe you need a new battery? Unless you are saying other cars and not the Ascent. I've also heard slow charging can be due to the charging cord you are using.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm with @Karpediem on this one. I've owned 2 cell phones since buying this car, and both of them have charged uber-quick while running AA at the same time. No complaints here about charging speed!

Reactions: lazydaze$$
1 - 7 of 7 Posts