Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to load or play files from USB stick in Subaru ascent. USB 2.0? 3,0? What file types are recognized. MP3? Flax? Others ?

·
Super Moderator
5,605 Posts
How to load or play files from USB stick in Subaru ascent. USB 2.0? 3,0? What file types are recognized. MP3? Flax? Others ?
Hiya, and welcome to the forums!
  • Use a USB 3.x stick.
  • Format it NTFS.
  • Use MP3 files. No, it does not support OGG or FLAC or other formats (maybe WAV, but I didn't try)
  • It supports M3U playlists once you remove the drive letters from the playlists (put in the root directory).
I use this stick:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I bought the stick Robert posted months ago and followed his instructions and it works perfectly.
Thankfully I had all of my FLAC music library also duplicated in LAME 3.99 mp3 VBR format with all metadata dialed and album covers 1000x1000. Razor sharp album cover and accurate metadata across the entire 6000+ song library. Talk about a time sink. I’ve spent weeks OCDing on my music library.

·
Super Moderator
5,605 Posts
I bought the stick Robert posted months ago and followed his instructions and it works perfectly.
Thankfully I had all of my FLAC music library also duplicated in LAME 3.99 mp3 VBR format with all metadata dialed and album covers 1000x1000. Razor sharp album cover and accurate metadata across the entire 6000+ song library. Talk about a time sink. I’ve spent weeks OCDing on my music library.
Yay, I'm not the only one who does things like that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts