Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the USB ports support Quick Charge 2.0 or 3.0 devices? Since I have Android devices capable of fast charging, does the USB ports support that, or do I need to use a 3rd party Quick Charge 2.0/3.0 adapter in the 12v port?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
It's not an out of the box solution, but these may offer faster charging than the OEM outlets.

I'd guess this is good if you're doing a lot of work in the field, and your time in the car is minimal between stops.

·
Administrator
11,125 Posts
That's odd. Have you checked the charge settings in the Note 20? My Note 10+ came with quick charge/fast charge off.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Over the last month, getting a new phone, and figuring out cables and such for both cars, i finally have a list of 4 goodies ( from Amazon) that have given me the best bang for the buck & the shortest cables.
I have tested and used these, my fav is the 8" orange cable with the micro-C adapter. Phone fits in the cup holder, and just a short cable into the console port. The 1' cable, I use to connect the phone to computer to move pics off the phone.

micro to C adapter (4 pack)

24W dual USB-a cig plug charger
2-port 24-watt USB car charger plugs into a car’s DC adapter and can charge up to 2 devices at a time—great for phones, tablets, and other devices
Device detection allows for charging at the fastest speed possible—up to 2.4 amps per port or 4.8 amps total (does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge)

Short 8" usb A-micro cable (use with a adapter for usbC) Orange !

short 1' long, 45 degree angle USB A to right angle 90 degree USB-C
(note Voltage&Amp limits)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts