Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my music organized on several colored thumb drives. I thought I had it made.

Then...

I selected the drive I wanted and tried to plug it in. At night it was impossible to see the port. I had to turn on the overhead light which made driving a little precarious

Have any of you found a way to light the front console area enough to see the USB ports?

A better option is to learn how to organize all of my music on one drive so the headset will let me scroll properly. It does let me select by album, song, or artist, but what is it looking at? Must I edit the metadata on each song to assign a specific album? I have songs in folders but the radio doesn't see it the way I do.

I have a long road trip planned in May which is what caused me to consider music options while cruising long stretches of nothingness.

I think the option of all-on-one USB drive is best if I can get it organized. It muddles my brain when the radio jumps from "Bach, Minuet in G Minor" to "Hotel California".

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just answered my own question.

While writing my original post, it seemed the best answer was to organize all of my music on one thumb drive instead of having several of them cluttering my tray.

I used a Windows app called MP3Tag. I put my music in folders and then was able to select all of the files and give them the same album name.

·
Registered
334 Posts
You know you can sort by folders, too. If you scroll down further on the left, you can sort by album, song, artist, genre, playlist AND FOLDER. I use MP3Tag also to fix metadata but it isn't absolutely necessary. However, it does take several finger presses to get to the folder selection option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.