Subaru Ascent Forum banner

[Urgent] Issue with Credit Union Financing - Please Advise

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Carl Abrams 
The two last cars I bought under my name using external lender, I did not discuss the accurate payment specifics to the dealer. I told the dealer's finance manager two specific paths, but did not specify the priority. I allowed them to run my credit to offer me the finance deal based on two criteria: 1) zero down payment; and 2) #down payment. From my experience, you have more advantage of narrowing your conversation (i.e. be specific of conveying the truths) to your external lender than the dealer's lender. The key point, from my experience, is to allow down payment to be handled between you and your external lender.

I wrote about this same key issue on another thread and it wasn't my responsibility to defend the truth, because someone challenged what I accomplished, not that people care anyways. For what it's worth, go back to your CU or external lender and tell them to pick up the purchase order and pay for it (if applicable); then you can make the down payment to your CU.

If you're still puzzled on the concept of the financial process, just let me know so I can explain in a different way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.