Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Anyone added LEDS to their premium?
Yes, people have done it. See these thrreads for the best options.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Yes. Auxito Y13 series H11 for projectors and 9005 for the reflector high beams. They preserve the low beam horizontal cutoff while being brighter and providing much wider illumination. The design of the LED mounting blade may have something to do with the width of the beams. The high beams are just ludicrous.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
920 Posts
One of the first things I do in any car. I personally prefer the LEDs with the large flexible heat sinks, vs the ones with the built in fan. Easier to fit in and one less thing to break! :D

Reactions: xydadx3

·
Registered
920 Posts
Should do it regardless of what you go with it’s an upgrade for sure and the best part it’s all plug and play no tools requieres
Yeah, at least it's not like the 2011 Outback where you had to remove the wheel well cover to get to the headlight bulb! What a PITA that was!

Reactions: rockthebeef

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
...I personally prefer the LEDs with the large flexible heat sinks, vs the ones with the built in fan. Easier to fit in and one less thing to break! :D
Yeah. Those are good in trickier installations. On the Ascent there's lots of room behind the headlights and installation is a snap. I used some zip ties to support the interface boxes so they're not rattling around.

The fans on the Auxito LEDs are essentially inaudible so far, even with my head stuck under the hood. IDK if they run faster/louder in warmer weather.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I ordered a set of headlights and some 194's to do some interiors. Did not get the hi-beams though. Those are very bright I think and rarely get used. LEDs reflecting off of road signs could be really bad.

Sheesh.... peer pressure. Lol! :LOL:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
^^^ yeah. The Auxito LED high beams reflecting off white road signs in particular are almost painful.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Some people will say don't do it cause too bright, illegal, blah blah blah, But I bet they don't own a base/premium so they aren't on halogens and doesn't know how dim these OEM headlights are, even consumer reports rated them POOR! But I did it, drives as bright as my 2018 Tundra with OEM leds. NO need to worry about dark dim roads at night any more esp in the NW - can't see crap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
we also purchased the premium and didn’t like the dim halogens so did some research and came across diode dynamics LED for the projectors. They are way better and brighter.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.