Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I've been a long time lurker but I really appreciate this community so I figured I should introduce myself. I live outside of Rochester, NY. I've got an 05 Forester that was my first purchased-new car, but my family is more than ready for a larger car. Now that the Ascent has arrived I'm finally ready to part with my Forester although not necessarily in a big hurry. Be warned that I am a physicist of a sort, which means that I think I should know everything about everything.

There is still a small chance that I might jump ship and go for a Toyota Sienna (if I find that the third of the Ascent is just too small), but mostly it's just going to be a matter of what Ascent options and trim level to buy, and how long to wait to buy one. Everything seems to be on the table right now, except that the Base trim is out, and so is the base audio system. I've got an appointment for a test drive later this week, but I'm going to have to drive all the way to Auburn to do it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I upgraded my Forester in 2015. In 2016 the Forester received some updates so I traded. In 2017 they really updated the safety features with the blind spot, adaptive cruise, rear camera etc. I had to have it. Point being, I really believe the safety features of the higher end models are well worth it. Now the Ascent will update the features of my 2017 Forester Touring. Next year who knows, maybe there will be something else I must have.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I upgraded my Forester in 2015. In 2016 the Forester received some updates so I traded. In 2017 they really updated the safety features with the blind spot, adaptive cruise, rear camera etc. I had to have it. Point being, I really believe the safety features of the higher end models are well worth it. Now the Ascent will update the features of my 2017 Forester Touring. Next year who knows, maybe there will be something else I must have.
Haha, you're going to want the new Driver Alert and Recognition system coming out on the new 2019 Forester.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We all have our Slippery Slopes (otherwise known as That's-How-They-Get-Ya). Mine is the lumbar support on the Premium might not be enough, so that means Limited and then it snowballs from there.

·
Registered
932 Posts
We all have our Slippery Slopes (otherwise known as That's-How-They-Get-Ya). Mine is the lumbar support on the Premium might not be enough, so that means Limited and then it snowballs from there.
Right? I mean, if you're going to drop 42 on a Limited, might as well drop 44 and get Ventilated Seats, amirite? lol

Seriously. I need ventilated seats. I think I'm looking at 47 after all the options - msrp of course. Fun times.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Right? I mean, if you're going to drop 42 on a Limited, might as well drop 44 and get Ventilated Seats, amirite? lol

Seriously. I need ventilated seats. I think I'm looking at 47 after all the options - msrp of course. Fun times.
Well that is how I ended up in a Touring. Once leather seats became required I wanted my seats to keep me cool!

·
Registered
932 Posts
That's awesome. I dig the Abyss Blue, it's a nice color. I would like to consider the Red, but I think I'm pretty much set on a White one, since the base coat is also white it tends to hide dings a little better.

After careful examination of my Outback which has Side Body Molding, I absolutely need to put this on whatever my next car is. While the OB certainly has its share of dents and dings, it must have saved me from at least 30 more dents/dings right in the middle of the panel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts