Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got a VIN that ordered a car in May? Like not ones that the dealer already had coming but made a true order with a delivery in September or October? We ordered first of May and have no updates except month of September. Just curious. Also if you do a order does the vehicle show in transit to the dealer? I think I read where they don’t. Just curious.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I ordered May 26 and just got my VIN yesterday with an estimate of 8/10.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Has anyone got a VIN that ordered a car in May? Like not ones that the dealer already had coming but made a true order with a delivery in September or October? We ordered first of May and have no updates except month of September. Just curious. Also if you do a order does the vehicle show in transit to the dealer? I think I read where they don’t. Just curious.
What is a true order? Does that make a difference ?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is a true order? Does that make a difference ?[/QUOTE]

Some are ordering very close to what a dealer already has coming, thus the dealer can add any accessories and they are not waiting on a true order, so that would make the wait time less and not be a true wait. We are not getting one from dealer allocation so just trying to see where they are with getting those completed in real time. Our dealer said if they had one matching ours come we could take that one but so far that hasn’t happened.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I ordered May 26 and just got my VIN yesterday with an estimate of 8/10.
I also ordered a Touring on May 26 and was told to expect delivery late September or early October. The dealer told me that the Touring trim would be manufactured later. What is your trim?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I also ordered a Touring on May 26 and was told to expect delivery late September or early October. The dealer told me that the Touring trim would be manufactured later. What is your trim?
Limited and no options at all. Maybe that's why?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just called SOA. My white touring March order with an original due date of 7/24 that got pushed to 8/17 has been "released" which she said means it has been moved to a facility next to the factory and is waiting for accessories. I told her I heard a rumor the delayed cars are waiting for parts and she said that is likely the case, but she didn't have any firm information on that. But she did say the 8/17 date would change quickly once parts show up so...hopefully the car will be shipped soon. She also offered to email me status updates so I don't have to call anymore because we are trying to time the selling of my Outback with receiving the Ascent. She was an excellent customer service rep and already emailed me to confirm she is going to send status updates. Thanks Subaru.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I pre-ordered in early March and no VIN yet. I think there are a variety of factors for the wait.

The spreadsheet might help give you an idea of how long the wait will be, try to enter your info too if you get a chance:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H6ASiWDnj4rxyR1of_q2-6thrayCkWPoa8NmrKc4lNQ/edit?usp=sharing
Added my info to the spreadsheet. I feel like I've been waiting eternity (its been 4 days) so I feel horrible for you all that ordered in Feb/March and still don't have your cars.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put in my order May 18th for a Premium, dealer says it should go to port on 8/15, I do not have a VIN# yet. I did call Subaru Customer Service yesterday and if I have the VON# (from the dealer) then they can tell me the VIN#. So now I am trying to get my VON#. When I called Subaru customer service I was on wait for less than 5 minutes and the rep told me I needed the VON# and since I did not have it he sent me an email to reply to when I get it and then he will email me the VIN#. Too Many VIN VON#'s.....

·
Registered
156 Posts
I pre-ordered in early March and no VIN yet. I think there are a variety of factors for the wait.

The spreadsheet might help give you an idea of how long the wait will be, try to enter your info too if you get a chance:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H6ASiWDnj4rxyR1of_q2-6thrayCkWPoa8NmrKc4lNQ/edit?usp=sharing
Definitely a lot of variables. Dealer allotment, trim, accessories, date of order etc. Not even an expert like @Carl Abrams or @Jason know how to figure it out. Especially if it's an SNE etc.

·
Registered
292 Posts
@Carl Abrams and @Jason

Do you have any insights or updates on how production is coming along in the factory? The two-week shutdown must have ended up 7/8'ish, right? This means the plant has been back online for the past couple weeks? (Assuming week before and week of July 4th)

Were there any changes to production to fix any known issues in the first production batches? Is production speeds meeting expectations?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I finally got a date!!!! August 8th!!! I preordered in May and was the last preorder for the month of July with my dealership. So...here’s is to hoping that all goes according to plan and I get my new Blue Touring!!! I have never owned a Subaru, never a brand new car...so exciting!!!!
Very exciting! Could be earlier could be later. Here's hoping for earlier!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am still one of the lucky ones, April order date pushed to August from July.... Ughhh

Also no VIN

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am still one of the lucky ones, April order date pushed to August from July.... Ughhh

Also no VIN
That’s what I’m worried about! The dates seem to be getting pushed out instead of closer like they were in June. The 2 week break seems to have really set them back.

·
Registered
253 Posts

Also no VIN
Are you calling SOA or your dealer. SOA kept telling me 'August'...my dealer actually had a build and delivery date for me!!! And a VIN

1 - 20 of 71 Posts