Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have updated invoice pricing? I stopped by my dealership in MA to check out the lease rates since my ascent is arriving next week. I told them I was a VIP program member. They came back with a VIP price of $42579 for a touring. I read in an earlier thread that invoice was $42576. If that's really the invoice then the price should have been 2% under that at $41724 right?

·
Registered
144 Posts
For a Base Touring with no addons, the invoice is $42,576.

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
Does anyone have updated invoice pricing? I stopped by my dealership in MA to check out the lease rates since my ascent is arriving next week. I told them I was a VIP program member. They came back with a VIP price of $42579 for a touring. I read in an earlier thread that invoice was $42576. If that's really the invoice then the price should have been 2% under that at $41724 right?
Dealer Invoice applies to SOA wholly-owned regional retailers. Independent Distributors are free to establish their own retailer prices and destination & delivery charges.
CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, and VT.

How many times do I have to say this? SNE and SDC regions get to do their own thing.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Dealer Invoice applies to SOA wholly-owned regional retailers. Independent Distributors are free to establish their own retailer prices and destination & delivery charges.

How many times do I have to say this? SNE and SDC regions get to do their own thing.
You have to say it until we start getting some real moderation around here and sticky-ed posts :)

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I understand that SNE can have their own retail price but they also have their own invoice price? Since that's what the VIP pricing is based off

·
Registered
965 Posts
I understand that SNE can have their own retail price but they also have their own invoice price? Since that's what the VIP pricing is based off
Honestly, since it's only a $3 difference, I suspect someone fat fingered an e-mail. 9 and 6 are right over each other on the 10 key ...

·
Registered
292 Posts
You have to say it until we start getting some real moderation around here and sticky-ed posts :)
Who the heck owns this site anyway? (I asked this question to the mods, and no surprise, he/she didn't answer.)

Also, who are the moderators? I feel like Carl or Robert would be better mods for us than the actual mods themselves.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly, since it's only a $3 difference, I suspect someone fat fingered an e-mail. 9 and 6 are right over each other on the 10 key ...
Maybe I wasn't making sense. Still waiting for a response from the finance guy from the dealer to clarify.

You said that SNE can set their own prices. But I was curious about if invoice prices can be different as well? They basically quoted me invoice for VIP pricing where vip is invoice -2% so either he messed that up or the SNE invoice is higher?.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Who the heck owns this site anyway? (I asked this question to the mods, and no surprise, he/she didn't answer.)

Also, who are the moderators? I feel like Carl or Robert would be better mods for us than the actual mods themselves.
He responded today. His response makes me feel like this site is a cashgrab for all the traffic... especially with the lack of movement on updating the images and fixing bugs and actual moderation...

"The site is owned by Verticalscope.com and managed by the autoguide.com team. If you scroll to the very bottom of the page you will see links to the VerticalScope Terms of Use, Copyright Privacy Policy pages.
-Philip"

·
Registered
965 Posts
Maybe I wasn't making sense. Still waiting for a response from the finance guy from the dealer to clarify.

You said that SNE can set their own prices. But I was curious about if invoice prices can be different as well? They basically quoted me invoice for VIP pricing where vip is invoice -2% so either he messed that up or the SNE invoice is higher?.
What does it say on your VIP form?

People who get the Boeing VIP pricing get straight invoice. People who get the Kicker VIP pricing get 2% back. (I could be wrong about the latter company, but I've sold to people who work for both companies.) There are different VIP pricing levels - Military VIP pricing is now $500 off best negotiated price instead of 2% back.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

What does it say on your VIP form?

People who get the Boeing VIP pricing get straight invoice. People who get the Kicker VIP pricing get 2% back. (I could be wrong about the latter company, but I've sold to people who work for both companies.) There are different VIP pricing levels - Military VIP pricing is now $500 off best negotiated price instead of 2% back.
ASPCA VIP is invoice minus 2%. See attached

Attachments

·
Registered
932 Posts
Has anyone been able to pre-order the Ascent using the VIP Program?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Has anyone been able to pre-order the Ascent using the VIP Program?

Check around on the different threads, but short answer is yes. Each dealership has the ability to honor or not honor the VIP programs although most of them are honoring it.
My dealership just informed me this morning that they will not honor ASPCA VIP pricing on the Ascent.

I had assumed SOA would reimburse the dealer for this type of promotion but I guess not. ?

As a long term ASPCA Guardian member, I’m just glad that I didn’t need to fork out $500 to become an instant benefactor, but at the end of the day, ASPCA loses out as well.

·
Registered
764 Posts
My dealership just informed me this morning that they will not honor ASPCA VIP pricing on the Ascent.

I had assumed SOA would reimburse the dealer for this type of promotion but I guess not. ?

As a long term ASPCA Guardian member, I’m just glad that I didn’t need to fork out $500 to become an instant benefactor, but at the end of the day, ASPCA loses out as well.

The dealership is reimbursed for the VIP, but not nearly as much as if they sold the Ascent at retail.

·
Registered
43 Posts

The dealership is reimbursed for the VIP, but not nearly as much as if they sold the Ascent at retail.
Thanks Jason. A win-win all round would have been nice.

·
Registered
26 Posts

I hate the whole SNE/SDC thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts