Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First...link to last year's post: One Year of Ownership

Yesterday makes two years since we bought our brown 2019 Premium. We have about 45,000 miles on it today. We replaced the tires this fall, and had the low pressure fuel pump recall done. It needed an alignment, which we had done yesterday. Oh, and we left a dome light on once this summer and drained the battery, but we charged it up and it tested fine at the dealer, so no replacement needed.

That's it for problems, really. We just drive it. With the alignment it really drives like the day we bought it.

After two years, despite my general distaste for "crossover" vehicles, I really like driving this car. It handles way better than anything 8-passenger has a right to, has plenty of power, rides nicely and is both roomy and comfortable.

I don't think the looks will ever grow on me.

It's my wife's car, and she loves it. The kids aren't embarrassed to be seen in it. It handles our Michigan winters with ease. It gets nearly 30mpg on long trips. It doesn't feel like a two year old car, it still feels new. I think we made the right choice.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,231 Posts
After two years, despite my general distaste for "crossover" vehicles, I really like driving this car. It handles way better than anything 8-passenger has a right to, has plenty of power, rides nicely and is both roomy and comfortable.
I honestly don't consider the Ascent so much of a "crossover", given it's built similar to industry mid-size SUVs like the Grand Cherokee. When I think crossover, I honestly think smaller. :) But no matter, Ascent is a darn comfortable, well appointed and very capable vehicle. 'Glad you are enjoying yours. I'll be coming up on two years in a few months, myself. No issues. Recalls done. Good fuel economy. Very happy.

Reactions: Robson13

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I honestly don't consider the Ascent so much of a "crossover", given it's built similar to industry mid-size SUVs like the Grand Cherokee. When I think crossover, I honestly think smaller. :) But no matter, Ascent is a darn comfortable, well appointed and very capable vehicle. 'Glad you are enjoying yours. I'll be coming up on two years in a few months, myself. No issues. Recalls done. Good fuel economy. Very happy.
Oh, it's a crossover, for sure...it's practically an over-inflated Outback. :LOL: But you nailed it...no issues, recalls done, good fuel economy, happy. I'm glad to have a drama-free car for my wife.

·
Registered
99 Posts
First...link to last year's post: One Year of Ownership

Yesterday makes two years since we bought our brown 2019 Premium. We have about 45,000 miles on it today. We replaced the tires this fall, and had the low pressure fuel pump recall done. It needed an alignment, which we had done yesterday. Oh, and we left a dome light on once this summer and drained the battery, but we charged it up and it tested fine at the dealer, so no replacement needed.

That's it for problems, really. We just drive it. With the alignment it really drives like the day we bought it.

I don't think the looks will ever grow on me.

It's my wife's car, and she loves it. The kids aren't embarrassed to be seen in it. It handles our Michigan winters with ease. It gets nearly 30mpg on long trips. It doesn't feel like a two year old car, it still feels new. I think we made the right choice.
My 2019 magnetite gray ( dec 2018 built) No issues! I’m just wondering why I didn’t receive the fuel pump recall! Is it based from the manufactured date?

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring (Canadian Edition) -- Ice Silver Metallic
125 Posts
My 2019 magnetite gray ( dec 2018 built) No issues! I’m just wondering why I didn’t receive the fuel pump recall! Is it based from the manufactured date?
It should be part of the recall, go to Subaru's website and check your VIN or dealer at your next service. I think my Ascent is 2 months older than yours.

Denso messed up for quite a few manufacturers (not just supplying Subaru) with the bad pump design.

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
It should be part of the recall, go to Subaru's website and check your VIN or dealer at your next service. I think my Ascent is 2 months older than yours.

Denso messed up for quite a few manufacturers (not just supplying Subaru) with the bad pump design.
Not all of them were. Mine wasn't, which is good, because I always have a quarter ton of recovery, off roading and camping gear in the car, lol!!!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,231 Posts
My MY19 also didn't require the fuel pump recall.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
1 - 9 of 9 Posts