Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Android Auto does not want to stay connected to the one Android running Android Auto if two Android phones are plugged into the front row USB ports. Plug the one not running Android Auto into the 2nd row USB and Android Auto works perfectly.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Android Auto does not want to stay connected to the one Android running Android Auto if two Android phones are plugged into the front row USB ports. Plug the one not running Android Auto into the 2nd row USB and Android Auto works perfectly.
Interesting, as I had a different (but not necessarily unrelated issue).

If I plug in just my Galaxy S8, Android Auto works great.
If I plug in just my wifes iPhone, Apple Carplay works great.
If I plug in BOTH devices... Carplay takes over, and Android Auto turns off and becomes disabled, until I unplug my wife's phone.

Wonder if its a software issue with the radio...

·
Registered
86 Posts

If I plug in BOTH devices... Carplay takes over, and Android Auto turns off and becomes disabled, until I unplug my wife's phone.

Same thing for me, Carplay takes over when my wife plugs her iPhone.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Same thing for me, Carplay takes over when my wife plugs her iPhone.
Same here as well.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I mentioned this in another thread, but here's the answer I got from Subaru when I emailed them:

I’m happy to offer assistance to you. Apple Car-Play needs to be tethered to the audio unit of your Ascent in order to operate, as you know. Apple Car-Play is designed to take precedence over other tethered devices, should multiple be connected via USB. We recommend not connecting your Apple I-Phone to your Ascent, if you wish to utilize Android Auto. I truly apologize for this information, as I know it wasn’t what you were hoping for. Your message has been documented in our Customer/Retailer Services database. We document such information to continually track, review and consider the performance of Subaru products and services, always with the intentions of improving as an organization.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I mentioned this in another thread, but here's the answer I got from Subaru when I emailed them:

I’m happy to offer assistance to you. Apple Car-Play needs to be tethered to the audio unit of your Ascent in order to operate, as you know. Apple Car-Play is designed to take precedence over other tethered devices, should multiple be connected via USB. We recommend not connecting your Apple I-Phone to your Ascent, if you wish to utilize Android Auto. I truly apologize for this information, as I know it wasn’t what you were hoping for. Your message has been documented in our Customer/Retailer Services database. We document such information to continually track, review and consider the performance of Subaru products and services, always with the intentions of improving as an organization.
Unless someone is using the 12v outlet right there for something else, I would put a USB charger there... some have quick charge capability and dual, even quadruple ports. I recommend anker. Then if you really want to use Android Auto, the Apple user can charge their phone with the 12v outlet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.