Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We selected TuxMats for our new Ascent Touring 7 seater. They fit perfectly and look fantastic. Luxurious looking instead of utilitarian but still very functional. The coverage is way better than stock and from my research better than WeatherTech.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
529 Posts
Does the mat in the second row cover the amp under the passenger seat?
From their website:

It looks like the mat does not extend forward to cover the amplifier. I do like how the footrest and the area under the accelerator pedal are covered by the TuxMat design.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
529 Posts
Something like Tuxmaxbut only in CA for now.
Sorry -- I was asking which brands of floor mat offer the door sill coverage...you were showing how TuxMat leaves the door sill uncovered, allowing salt and sand to get down into the interior next to the mat.

·
Administrator
8,802 Posts
To date, Tuxmat and Smartliner by Maxliner come the closest, but none cover it completely.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Sorry -- I was asking which brands of floor mat offer the door sill coverage...you were showing how TuxMat leaves the door sill uncovered, allowing salt and sand to get down into the interior next to the mat.
oh sorry.. maybe these will base on the images.

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,802 Posts
oh sorry.. maybe these will base on the images.

Ours sadly do not fit like that. It's what I am currently using. I'll do some Ascent specific pics later.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
529 Posts
Tuxmat owners: I understand the driver's mat covers the area under the accelerator pedal. The stock rubber floor mat does not. However, you can see that there's a small hockey puck-shaped disc there under the pedal that seems to be the "wide open throttle" stop. Does the Tuxmat just cover that up? If it does, I presume it wouldn't be hard to press firmly enough to still get 100% throttle out of the accelerator pedal, but I'm curious how that interface down there is.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tuxmat owners: I understand the driver's mat covers the area under the accelerator pedal. The stock rubber floor mat does not. However, you can see that there's a small hockey puck-shaped disc there under the pedal that seems to be the "wide open throttle" stop. Does the Tuxmat just cover that up? If it does, I presume it wouldn't be hard to press firmly enough to still get 100% throttle out of the accelerator pedal, but I'm curious how that interface down there is.

Thanks!
The mats do not go high enough to affect the accelerator pedal. There is no interference.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
529 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. Maybe the images on their website are misleading. It looks like the mats go up the floorboard area a good ways and cover the floor under the pedal. Perhaps this is not the case.

Or, are you saying the Tuxmat is not thick enough to prevent the pedal from going to the wide open throttle position? It looks like the pedal will hit the mat when pressed "to the floor" (IE: the little plastic pad will no longer limit the pedal's travel because the mat is laying on top of it).

·
Registered
942 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. Maybe the images on their website are misleading. It looks like the mats go up the floorboard area a good ways and cover the floor under the pedal. Perhaps this is not the case.

Or, are you saying the Tuxmat is not thick enough to prevent the pedal from going to the wide open throttle position? It looks like the pedal will hit the mat when pressed "to the floor" (IE: the little plastic pad will no longer limit the pedal's travel because the mat is laying on top of it).
I'm sure the reply @AscentPilot gave is sufficient. But you can check this by setting your MFD to show the % accelerator applied. You can view this with the car on (two clicks), but with the engine off. *Press the pedal and you can see the display show full range of motion (0-100%). Throw some material under the pedal to simulate a thick mat and see how much would be needed to really have any effect.

*This won't 'flood your carburetor' like in the old days. I'm not that old but my first car was vintage and carbureted. ;)

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
529 Posts
Right -- my throttle gets to an indicated 100% right near the end of its travel -- which is why I asked about the thickness of the mat. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts