Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the turn signal doesn't reset unless I do a wide turn. My old Chrysler resets with even just a slight turn.

Just wanted to check if this is a Subaru thing or it's just my vehicle before I ask my dealer about it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I noticed that the turn signal doesn't reset unless I do a wide turn. My old Chrysler resets with even just a slight turn.

Just wanted to check if this is a Subaru thing or it's just my vehicle before I ask my dealer about it.
Same thing happens on my ascent for what it's worth.

Reactions: tariktik

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think you can also push the signal bar slightly (without it clicking /locking) and that will flash the blinker 3 times (lane change signaling). But yeah, it’s probably a subaru thing. Shrug... not really a huge annoyance for me personally.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
It's not only a Subaru thing, it's the same with toyotas for many years....... it's annoying just the same.
Yep, my Tacoma is the same way. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Agree with the others. Had a Rav4 for awhile that did this...very annoying. But the Highlander I had prior to my 2020 Ascent did not. Now back to under-sensitive turn signal.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
All three of our Subarus are "less sensitive" to turning off the turn signals after a turn is completed when it's not a tight turn. I've gotten used to that now, but it's pretty much the opposite of how the Grand Cherokee I previously drove behaved. But yes, like many/most current generation vehicles, the quick flick of the stalk will generally do three blinks for signaling lane changes, etc.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've left my blinkers on for awhile due to this new feature. Seems to be more of newer generation of cars type of situation rather than a Subaru thing. My 02 subaru doesnt have the same feature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.