Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is a "problem" or simply a "dislike". I've noticed that the tic-tock sound of the turn signal is very quiet. For example, my wife and I were riding in the car today with the radio on softly enough for us to communicate comfortably. The air conditioning was also on. When I approached an intersection and turned on my signal I could barely hear the tic-tock sound. Perhaps it's a function of my almost 50-year old ears? I don't know, but it sure seems quiet. Is there any way to adjust the sound? Thanks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think it's speed related. Ours starts out loud and then get softer as we slow down for the turn.
Took a quick trip with the family this past weekend and it is DEFINITELY speed related. It was louder on the highway when switching lanes and then when we got off to get on regular roads it was quiet again. I thought it was a cool little detail.

·
Registered
561 Posts
So quiet that you dont even realize it's still on when you've made your turn and it doesnt automatically turn off. ;)
....get yourself into a Buick, sounds like a turn signal from the 70s. Kinda of annoying, but you'll never forget it's on.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Can turn signal be modified ?

Not sure if this is a "problem" or simply a "dislike". I've noticed that the tic-tock sound of the turn signal is very quiet. For example, my wife and I were riding in the car today with the radio on softly enough for us to communicate comfortably. The air conditioning was also on. When I approached an intersection and turned on my signal I could barely hear the tic-tock sound. Perhaps it's a function of my almost 50-year old ears? I don't know, but it sure seems quiet. Is there any way to adjust the sound? Thanks.
So does anyone know if the sound can be modified/ adjusted? Are there any aftermarket parts that make it louder or even flash differently ? I would be surprised if some Subie owner hadn’t at least looked into this....into making their Subie unique/different..:nerd:

·
Registered
111 Posts
There are modules that you can use for other Subarus, that might work for the Ascent (I haven't gotten mine to try it yet). I have a Tap-to-Turn module in my XT, which sounds different than the stock one. It's just the relay clicking that makes that sound. Diode Dynamics also makes one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts