Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m not sure if something is different or if it’s just the right weather and driving combo, but I could definitely hear the turbo spooling up and winding down today. I first noticed it on the highway passing someone. Rpm went from around 1800—>2500 then I had to play with it a little after I exited on the way home.
❤ that sound

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
I find different weather conditions, or when I am pulling a lot of weight can cause the turbo to be a bit more audible.

·
Registered
685 Posts
If you start to hear changes in pitches, or whines that were not there before. AND they can be replicated and the become more frequent ... then it could mean something.

I just lost the turbo on my Red Car last month. I began to hear strange whining and wheezing. It now appears the replacement turbo I used off my parts shelf is starting to sing also.

:facepalm:

:headbang:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I am not sure if this is the same noise but I am getting a much louder noise inside driver side and it sounds like a power steering noise. it happens when you start the car and doesn't go away after warm up. anyone else experiencing this ?

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I am not sure if this is the same noise but I am getting a much louder noise inside driver side and it sounds like a power steering noise. it happens when you start the car and doesn't go away after warm up. anyone else experiencing this ?
No. That's normal. It's the CVT warning up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.