Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this TSB 04-22-18 9/17/18 on Techinfo:

This bulletin announces availability of a new electric power steering (EPS) rack assembly. The new EPS assembly addresses a limited number of customer concerns involving a rattling-type sound from the steering which may be heard when driving on rough roads.

The new EPS assembly was incorporated into production as per the table below:
PART INFORMATION:
Model Starting VIN
Ascent K3402362

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thank you! I hear this every time I hit a dirt road. Even took it to the deal but they couldn’t find anything. They also tested on a city street so I didn’t expect they would hear anything.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Recently had this issue fixed after bringing it to dealers attention for a second time. Dealer replaced rack assembly after I took the service tech on a dirt road that I knew would make the noise. Having a TBS for it helped.

Thank you netcatz99 for posting this TBS confirming the problem.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Recently had this issue fixed after bringing it to dealers attention for a second time. Dealer replaced rack assembly after I took the service tech on a dirt road that I knew would make the noise. Having a TBS for it helped.

Thank you netcatz99 for posting this TBS confirming the problem.
Has the noise come back? My crosstrek was solved for about 6 weeks and its back in full noise again. Its the same rack across all models...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.