Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
OEM tires are OEM tires, regardless of the brand name on them. They are not terrible, but they are not expensive, either. That's why the vehicle manufacturer chooses them. It's the model, not the manufacturer. That said, one should buy what they are most comfortable with and that have the features and designations required for their intended use.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well considering most of my friends with ascents (not on forum) have had treading issues, flats, leaks on brand new tires from the factory, yes I will still continue to call them trash. Just wanted to say I got new tires and went away from Faulken. Haven't seen any pics of the TOYO A/T tires on the forum, so just giving the forum a heads up.

but thanks for your opinion on the matter, not

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Well considering most of my friends with ascents (not on forum) have had treading issues, flats, leaks on brand new tires from the factory, yes I will still continue to call them trash. Just wanted to say I got new tires and went away from Faulken. Haven't seen any pics of the TOYO A/T tires on the forum, so just giving the forum a heads up.

but thanks for your opinion on the matter, not
I do not doubt that your friends have reported to you disappointments/problems with their tires. The fact is that consitutes a miniscual sample size of users. The forum which hosts thousands more than your sample size has not reported problems. Nor has NHTSA, nor Subaru. I am not clear what "treading issues" are. Maybe you could elaborate. The complaints on this forum from thousands of owners involve tread life and general handling. Both of those performance issues were well within reasonable performance expectations for OEM tires. As for my own personal experience, I have a 2019 Limited and changed out my OEM after about 30,000 miles. I never had a problem with them. The other concerns you note are typically (with few exceptions) due to non defect causes.

Nothing wrong with replacing tires you are not happy with. Let us know what your experience is with the new ones. I mounted the Wildpeaks as my replacements but right now have my winter shoes on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts