Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Ascent with the Touring package. I don't have any major complaints just some suggestions.

That said, lately I've been getting Tropical Storm Warnings on my display. The annoying thing is 1) the warning stays on the screen until acknowledged; 2) no information is displayed for the start or end time.

Where is this warning coming from? Without any details it's pretty useless.

·
Registered
566 Posts
It's coming from SirusXM - I believe the "Travel Link" portions of the subscription. Nothing you can do about it but complain to SirusXM - like many on
this site have previously done.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Limited
101 Posts
You can turn them off. Once it is displayed, you should be able to click the "Settings" button and select the type of warnings you want displayed. I tinkered with it for a bit, but every time I entered a "new" area, a "new" alert would come up (a different type), so I ultimately turned them ALL off. I have enough warnings with valuable information on my smartphone, so no need to get even less from the head unit.

There probably is a way to get into the settings BEFORE it is displayed, but I changed my settings when it displayed. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
They are annoying. I turned mine off for now. I appreciate a single warning, but multiple, continuous warnings only minutes apart is overkill and a driving distraction.

·
Super Moderator
2,428 Posts
Another reason I’m glad I either don’t have this feature or never turned it on.
The text message pop up via Bluetooth is rather annoying to me though. And it can’t be turned off if you ever want the time to sync with your phone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts