Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually do my own oil changes but when I travel there may be an occasion to have my oil changed by others. So after hearing all the horror stories about the transmission being drained accidentally I decided to add a warning sticker to the transmission.
Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Compact car

·
Registered
3,712 Posts

you can purchase a sheet of sticky copy paper and print it out at home on a 8 1/2 X 11 sheet. The entire paper is sticky (protective backing is on for printing), or you could format it for four stickers on one print or you can send it over to Kinkos who can do this for you.

·
Administrator
10,955 Posts
what do you meant accidentally drain? The dealer make this mistake?
No, but numerous quick oil change places make that mistake. I've watched or helped with over half a dozen Ascents alone where it's happened. :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
wow, i didn't realize they could make this mistake. i am putting a sticky note there myself. now, let me print this so i know where to stick my sign. I myself am clueless.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Make sure the sticker material is good for the temperatures that the transmission sees and is waterproof. I had this place make them for me.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Here is what I used for the sticker

Minimum order is for 12. What did you do with the other 11? If you would consider selling them, I'd like to buy one. Let's say, $5 shipped? (an envelope should do with a plain stamp) I can paypal or venmo.

·
Registered
2021 Ascent
57 Posts
I have just a few more left if anyone needs one.
Hi RobertD, I would like one as well. I'll PM you my address. Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
After having gone thru oil change nightmare, I thought about welding up a metal bar which would bolt on, and block access to CVT drain plug. Instead, I am going to try a skid-plate specifically designed to bolt on to Subaru Ascent. Supposedly, skid-plate uses existing factory bolt holes and bolts. Thus no drilling, adding nuts or tapping.

Once I get skid-plate and have it mounted, I will post back with how it fit and how hard it was too install.

·
Administrator
10,955 Posts
After having gone thru oil change nightmare, I thought about welding up a metal bar which would bolt on, and block access to CVT drain plug. Instead, I am going to try a skid-plate specifically designed to bolt on to Subaru Ascent. Supposedly, skid-plate uses existing factory bolt holes and bolts. Thus no drilling, adding nuts or tapping.

Once I get skid-plate and have it mounted, I will post back with how it fit and how hard it was too install.
I strongly recommend Primitive Racing mid armor. You've likely seen the abuse I put my Ascent through. I wouldn't trust any other Ascent skids for that type of abuse.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts