Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First time posting. I have a 2019 Ascent Premium built in May 2019 that we love with about 20K miles on it. When I put it in drive, right when the vehicle starts moving, the transmission makes a single, pretty loud "chirp" sound. This has been happening for the last couple months. Since I've read about transmission issues in the 2019's, I was wondering if this could be the start of a transmission problem. Anyone have a similar experience? Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
72 Posts
Short answer... what you describe is totally normal.
Long answer... can be found by searching the forums.

Welcome to the family!!!

**Sidenote... without knowing if it's been dealer serviced... there IS a service bulletin related to the transmission (electrical harness, good call Jim!) that you'll want to ensure has been completed for your vehicle. Dealer/Service Dept should be able to confirm, possibly over the phone just to be sure.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
2,628 Posts
Since I've read about transmission issues in the 2019's,
'Just to clarify, the issue wasn't the transmission...it was the electrical harness that services the transmission. On some vehicles, the harness damaged the transmission, requiring replacement. In other vehicles the harness needed to be replaced before there was resultant damage. It was a range of VINs that got the bad harness.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
725 Posts
Welcome, if you use the My Subaru app, you can check for recalls that are open or that have been completed on your Ascent.

My Subaru>Menu>Service>Recalls and Service Campaigns

And yes, my 2019 with 23,000 miles has been chirping for a couple of years when shifting from Reverse to Drive.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Mine chirped the other day while shifting from park to drive waiting at the Costco gas. Hmm

·
Registered
917 Posts
When my transmission went out it was a rather loud squeal not just the normal chirp. If it happens to you, you will definitely be able to tell the difference.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all,

First time posting. I have a 2019 Ascent Premium built in May 2019 that we love with about 20K miles on it. When I put it in drive, right when the vehicle starts moving, the transmission makes a single, pretty loud "chirp" sound. This has been happening for the last couple months. Since I've read about transmission issues in the 2019's, I was wondering if this could be the start of a transmission problem. Anyone have a similar experience? Thanks!

Mike
My 2020 Ascent does the same exact thing. According to previous posts on this site and my dealership, the 'chirp' noise is a 'normal' sound from the pullies in the CVT. Cheers, Jonathan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts