Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All -

I have a 2020 Touring Ascent with about 9K miles on it. Has anyone else noticed a SQUEAKING noise when they shift the car into drive from reverse? I notice that the sound is louder when the transmission is cold versus more muted when the engine is warm? But the squeaking is still there regardless of transmission temperature. Is this a common noise? Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Jonathan

·
Administrator
11,401 Posts
Beat me to it by mere moments. Lol!

·
Administrator
11,401 Posts
Yep, it's a TR690 thing. Mine has done it for the last 68,683 miles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perhaps more of a chirp than a squeak?
See below:
Let’s talk about the CVT chirp
Lol... yes... it could be described as a 'chirp'. Definitely high pitched and definitely noticeable. Happens whether I press down on the brake when shifting into drive from reverse or not. The sound is louder when the engine is cold versus warm, but it is still there and still noticeable. I can't say that I remember hearing it when it was new, but definitely have been hearing it all the time now.

·
Administrator
11,401 Posts
Yes it's normal, as I mentioned in the video. 😉

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes it's normal, as I mentioned in the video. 😉
Much appreciate it and knowing that it's normal with the CVT. Otherwise, I haven't any problems or concerns with the Ascent. Though my jaw dropped when I saw the CR reliability review and that the Ascent is no longer a recommended buy by Consumers Reports. What I would tell Subaru is that, if I had seen that CR score before I bought... well, I probably wouldn't have. This is my second Subaru and my old 2008 Outback was always a bit too quirky with some odd electrical issues (i.e. the Radio harness) which did give me pause before buying another Subaru.

·
Administrator
11,401 Posts
Watch my many adventures, it's a solid car that's becoming more reliable each year, as CR shows on the actual reliability charts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts