Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, NOW you can all start getting excited.

Note that while the first set of vehicles show an ETA of 06/20 (!), that is a ROUGH ETA. (As in, one of mine has already gone from an initial ETA of 06/20 to 07/16, which happens pretty frequently.)

·
Registered
598 Posts
Can you guys tell if the VIN announcement has gone out to other dealerships as well? Or can you only see the orders you placed?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you guys tell if the VIN announcement has gone out to other dealerships as well? Or can you only see the orders you placed?
It's on SubieNet, so any salesman who can see their own pipeline orders can see them. I can only see what's inbound to our dealership. Our Vehicle Locator would be active, but the only thing showing on that right now are ALL sold orders.

·
Registered
598 Posts
It's on SubieNet, so any salesman who can see their own pipeline orders can see them. I can only see what's inbound to our dealership. Our Vehicle Locator would be active, but the only thing showing on that right now are ALL sold orders.
Cool! Thanks!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yay!!!! I'm soooo excited, shot off an email to our sales guy...hopefully we'll have a date soon!

·
Registered
210 Posts
For what it is worth, we were the first order at our local dealership. They have received VIN numbers for 5 out of their total 33 allotment for July...but alas, ours was not among the 5.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Carl- how does the VIN correlate to the order placement? Is your first VIN, the first pre-order you took? What trim is the VIN?
VIN's do NOT correspond to VON's. For example, I have two VON's that were placed within minutes of each other - ending in 80 and 90, and while both of them now have VIN's, those VIN's are 120 numbers apart - and the smaller VON has the larger VIN.

And there's 810 numbers between my lowest VIN and highest VIN ... so basically my best advice is quit trying to guess what's going on and just expect that within the next week or so, everything that's on the July allocation will end up on the production schedule for sometime within the next month.

·
Registered
210 Posts
VIN's do NOT correspond to VON's. For example, I have two VON's that were placed within minutes of each other - ending in 80 and 90, and while both of them now have VIN's, those VIN's are 120 numbers apart - and the smaller VON has the larger VIN.

And there's 810 numbers between my lowest VIN and highest VIN ... so basically my best advice is quit trying to guess what's going on and just expect that within the next week or so, everything that's on the July allocation will end up on the production schedule for sometime within the next month.

Yes, but we HAVE to analyze this new information to death and try to figure out what it means (this was typed in my most sarcastic font) we are all just too excited for our own good.

·
Registered
764 Posts
For what it is worth, we were the first order at our local dealership. They have received VIN numbers for 5 out of their total 33 allotment for July...but alas, ours was not among the 5.
My order number 1, 2, and 4 just got a VIN and an ETA, but 3 did not :( They all had July ETAs to start with.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I just emailed my dealership and was told there is no update on my order regarding a VIN. The assignments do seem very random!

·
Registered
597 Posts
I don't mind the July dates but I was really hoping early July as I have a long trip coming up the last week in July and really wanted to try and get 1,000 miles on before that trip.

Dealer got back to me saying the Subaru Sales Manager had already left and he would get me the information if available tomorrow morning.

1 - 20 of 230 Posts