Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally after a month of waiting for back order, got my trailer hitch from dealer today.
And after I follow the instruction online installing it, found out it’s missing the cover panel parts. I know I used the instructions from the 1st version, and I have gotten the 4th version one.
Called dealer and told them I am missing parts in my box, but the guy at parts department said he has never heard of it and doesn’t see that is included in his installation manual.
So is it I am missing the parts or Subaru updated the version and not including that parts anymore?
Part K cover panel

thought it suppose to have this parts

·
Registered
229 Posts
I saw this posted and answered on the Facebook group, but to close the loop here, this cover is no longer included in the parts list on newer versions. See the snapshot below from the parts list on newer versions (found in the instructions attached at Subaru Trailer Hitch - L101SXC004 | Subaru Online Parts).

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I am glad I got one of the earlier versions that came with everything. It won't be long until the kit is just down to the hitch (A) itself.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
They don't do anything. As you can see in the pix, there are still big gaps around them so they're not making any kind of seal, and they're certainly not structural. I have no idea why they were included in the first place. IMO, deleting the ball mount was more heinous, despite the fact you'd likely need a different rise for your specific trailer.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
That would be a good solution. Not sure why Subaru would delete that part. At first, I thought the OP was talking about the entire cover.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
WOW! Removing that is a real dick move on Subaru's part.
Why? It didn't do anything except make it look nicer in an area no one sees.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.