Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an opportunity to purchase a complete uninstalled kit L101SXC000 for my Ascent. Are these safe to use? Any issues with them? My dealer says the current part number is L101SXC002 and is the only one that should be installed. Dealer is now saying that it will be December. I need a hitch for travel coming up in a few weeks.

·
Registered
500 Posts
L101SXC000 is installed on my Ascent. Had no issues hauling around 200lbs of my four bikes and rack cantilevered 4' off the bumper.

L101SXC001 added part "P" which are taillight cover panel clips. That is the only difference over the 000 that I can tell from the install instructions.

L101SXC002 is identical to 001 from the install instructions except they tell the installer to ditch the split retainer rings on the spring tabs used to access/remove the bumper cover.

With the exception of the added parts in 001, and the additional step in 002, I bet all parts are common. If 001 and 000 were not safe to use, there would be a recall and owners would be notified.....which has yet to happen.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
I’ll second the positive review of the L101SXC000 hitch. Installed it myself with the instructions I found on here, which are pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all of the input. I purchased the kit and installed it this weekend. No issues. Ascent pulls my 3800" 20ft cuddy cabin with no issues. Engine does spend more time in the higher revs, but does not sound like its straining.

·
Registered
2 Posts
when you guys installed the hitch yourself, did you disconnect the battery first? If you did, do you have to do a calibration for eyesight afterwards? Installation seems pretty straight forward but there are quite a few sensors for the RAB and other eyesight functions that I am worried might be affected.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
when you guys installed the hitch yourself, did you disconnect the battery first? If you did, do you have to do a calibration for eyesight afterwards? Installation seems pretty straight forward but there are quite a few sensors for the RAB and other eyesight functions that I am worried might be affected.

Thanks
Though it may be recommended anytime you’re working on anything electrical, I did not d/c the battery. The connectors that you remove during installation are well insulated from shorting out, so be careful but it’s not necessary.

·
Registered
225 Posts

Thanks
I don't think any battery disconnect requires you to calibrate the eyesight. I've had it installed by the dealer and it wasn't something they did. I then had the battery replaced after it started slow cranking and they didn't calibrate it. Calibration is only done with a new windshield or if you wipe/get stuff on the stereo-cams.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.