Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this probably should've been my time to slow down and recheck with the forum here, but, when trying to order our Touring this evening - and adding a factory hitch, the dealer told me "they are backordered at the factory- and can't even place the order with the trailer hitch at this time".

I ended up ordering without it just to get it in, but has anyone else experienced this?

Regards,
Will

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
So this probably should've been my time to slow down and recheck with the forum here, but, when trying to order our Touring this evening - and adding a factory hitch, the dealer told me "they are backordered at the factory- and can't even place the order with the trailer hitch at this time".

I ended up ordering without it just to get it in, but has anyone else experienced this?

Regards,
Will
Yes, I wanted to add a trailer hitch when I picked up my Ascent last week. I was told that the hitch is not available to order with the car or through the parts department. They are going to notify me when they become available again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
After my ascent arrived it took a few days extra to get the trailer hitch. I took delivery a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was told it was backordered until January when my car arrived last week. I told the dealer I wouldn't take delivery of the car without it. The Regional Subaru rep was able to come up with one and I picked up the car last Friday.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I asked my dealer about it when i picked mine up 3 weeks ago and he said not even worth trying to order now, better to wait until early next year.

I'll probably check again when i get my oil changed next month. Don't really need it over the winter months.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was able to put in an order two weeks ago with one and was told 6-8 weeks. I guess time will tell if I get it or not.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I just ordered one for a customer on Monday with the trailer hitch. It is showing "month of December" just like all my other orders that don't have it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts