Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-

Yesterday I brought home the 2021 Ascent Limited 7 Passenger with tech package. This is my 2nd Subaru and I am extremely impressed with the safety, value and customer service of subaru. My first Subie was a 2019 forester touring. We were rear ended in it back in June, sitting at a stop light and an (uninsured) Pontiac sunfire completely plowed into us at about 30 mph with no attempt to stop. The pontiac was totaled, passenger sent to the hospital. My son and I walked away without a scratch. Unfortunately the forester was un-driveable.

My husband arrived at the scene and called our dealer and asked them where to take the car and we were directed to a Subaru certified collision center. They repaired my car with all oem parts, though it took a while because our insurance co didn’t like that we chose the Subaru certified center and fought them on everything. But we got it back in great condition after $12k in repairs. We had to take it in to the dealership for warranty work shortly after and the put us in an ascent loaner which we loved

Subaru still offered us a fabulous trade value on the forester, despite the carfax report and so we have traded up for the Ascent. We have 2 teen boys that love the captains chairs, and we have an adult son that rarely travels with us but there is now plenty of space when he does, and I love the cargo space when the 3rd row is down for hauling teen boy groceries!

Tina (Daubernurse)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,828 Posts
I think this was a nice move for your family based on the description. Nice ride!

Reactions: Daubernurse

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
May I suggest these (a forum favorite it seems)...

You can get ones without the rear most tray since the standard one is quite good. It'll be $100 less.

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Touring
24 Posts
Congrats - I just brought mine home 5-days ago, although it is my first Subaru. Blue was my first choice of colors, but the dealer didn't have any in stock, so I settled for my second choice and got the grey rather than waiting on ordering one.

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Touring
24 Posts
May I suggest these (a forum favorite it seems)...

You can get ones without the rear most tray since the standard one is quite good. It'll be $100 less.
Huh - These came with my car (along with the standard floor mats, which I have put away until summer) from the dealer. I just assumed they all did.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Huh - These came with my car (along with the standard floor mats, which I have put away until summer) from the dealer. I just assumed they all did.
The OEM mats don't have quite the same coverage as these. These are excellent and do a better job than the usual suspects Weathertech and Husky. But, if you have no need then you have no need.

·
Registered
52 Posts
We traded my 2018 Outback for a 2021 Ascent Touring and couldn't be happier. Its alot smoother than the shorter wheelbase Foresters and Outbacks. Glad to hear the that Subaru safety saved someone again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello-

Yesterday I brought home the 2021 Ascent Limited 7 Passenger with tech package. This is my 2nd Subaru and I am extremely impressed with the safety, value and customer service of subaru. My first Subie was a 2019 forester touring. We were rear ended in it back in June, sitting at a stop light and an (uninsured) Pontiac sunfire completely plowed into us at about 30 mph with no attempt to stop. The pontiac was totaled, passenger sent to the hospital. My son and I walked away without a scratch. Unfortunately the forester was un-driveable.

My husband arrived at the scene and called our dealer and asked them where to take the car and we were directed to a Subaru certified collision center. They repaired my car with all oem parts, though it took a while because our insurance co didn’t like that we chose the Subaru certified center and fought them on everything. But we got it back in great condition after $12k in repairs. We had to take it in to the dealership for warranty work shortly after and the put us in an ascent loaner which we loved

Subaru still offered us a fabulous trade value on the forester, despite the carfax report and so we have traded up for the Ascent. We have 2 teen boys that love the captains chairs, and we have an adult son that rarely travels with us but there is now plenty of space when he does, and I love the cargo space when the 3rd row is down for hauling teen boy groceries!

Tina (Daubernurse)

View attachment 6555 View attachment 6556
We have the blue 21 Ascent as well. You're going to love it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts