Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, as the title says i traded my focus st for the new 2021 silver ascent. This is our 3rd subaru, i have a 05 forester XT that has 150k miles and still going strong, my wife has 2016 crosstrek premium that she barely drives, but now that we have a 6months old daughter we decided to get rid of my toy/project car and get a bigger SUV for our growing family.

·
Super Moderator
2,454 Posts
Welcome to the site.
I chuckled toward the end of your post. The first thing I thought when I read the title was “must’ve had kid(s)”. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Congratulations on the new Ascent. The Focus ST is a nice car for a couple w/o kids. I am wondering what my SIL will buy when he starts his family. He currently has a 2018 Focus ST and loves it. He was having so much fun in the recent snow in Tennessee.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations on the new Ascent. The Focus ST is a nice car for a couple w/o
Congratulations on the new Ascent. The Focus ST is a nice car for a couple w/o kids. I am wondering what my SIL will buy when he starts his family. He currently has a 2018 Focus ST and loves it. He was having so much fun in the recent snow in Tennessee.
It is a fun car, but now that we have a daughter and shes the first grandkid in the family, everytime we plan to go out or for future roadtrips the granparents always wanted to come but they wont fit in our crosstrek or forester.

So i have to sacrifice my fun lil car for them.🤣

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sort of like my story, although I don’t have young kids. I traded my 2017 Focus ST on a 2019 Ascent because the Focus suspension and my aching back became mortal enemies. And as long as I was going to trade, I wanted more room, AWD, and comfortable seats. It has worked out well, although I do miss having a manual transmission.

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Abyss Blue Pearl
136 Posts
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your me car! I'm a relatively new owner myself.

Decided on the Ascent in part because of grandkids 😉. Gramma didn't like being left behind when I went to the airport three hours away! She loses three hours of prescious grandkid time once we're all able to gather safely again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.