Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ascent Drivers,

I have a peculiar issue with my 2021 Outback XT, where the TPMS values have turned to blank. It worked fine for about 3 months, and then all the values just disappeared. I do not have the "!" light on my dashboard, but the values are just missing!

I had my oil changes around the 3000 mile mark (I run severe service intervals for oil) and had them fixed it. It worked for about 2 weeks, and then all the values dropped again! The diagnosis at the dealer was "erratic data being sent from the sensor, replaced" but it took about 3 hours in the dealer service department and they had to drive the car about 30-40 miles to verify the data while it was hooked up to a scan tool. Annoying, because they aren't paying for the 2 gallons of gas they used driving around town.

I know that our systems tend to be very close in function, and was wondering if anyone had issues like this. I'd prefer to not make a special trip to the dealer and take 2-3 hours to fix it again, and have them drive around 30-40 miles again.

Not due for service for another 2 months now for my 6000 mile oil change and tire rotation, but I also have no problem with checking my pressure the old fashioned way with a tire gauge every week or two.

Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you start the vehicle and move it a short distance or below 20 mph I think, it won't have a value as it isn't able to calibrate. For example, pulling the vehicle in the garage will clear the TPMS as it was an ignition cycle, but it does not meet the requirements needed for a reading.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry, but that is not correct. My vehicle would previously show "dashes" for blank values until the car moved a short distance as you've suggested. In this instance, the values are completely blank and the tires are orange instead of white indicating a problem.

Subaru recently issued a TSB regarding a new TPMS design because of moisture damage. Perhaps it is a design flaw they've discovered. I will have it repaired at my next service appointment in a month or two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.