Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have scoured these forums since buying my 2020 ascent premium in October and can finally add my experience if it helps anyone. I got an OEM hitch installed at a dealer and just got a 5.25inch drop ball mount and 2in ball from Amazon. We have a 2017 Rpod 179 which is 2700dry, we loaded it with quite a bit of stuff but our first campsite had water and sewer hookups so we were never towing any meaningful amount of liquids. Did i mention we live at 7200 feet but bought it in Denver? Did great up the climb on I70, used a WDH with anti sway bars on our trip from the seller but switched to a regular one after and there truly was no noticeable difference if anyone is apprehensive about not using one. Could see both sides of trailer with regular mirrors, but forgot to reset my trip calculator so can update mpg next time! Thanks to everyone for all the help here, would love to be included in the real life towing examples lol

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,088 Posts
used a WDH with anti sway bars on our trip from the seller but switched to a regular one after and there truly was no noticeable difference if anyone is apprehensive about not using one.
Subaru does not permit using a WHD with the Ascent. It's designed to not need one up to the towing limit and using a WDH could possibly damage the vehicle. See the sticky thread at the top of this Towing discussion area.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Administrator
9,874 Posts
Some links for you...

And a pic...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts