Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone could help on a part hunt.

Someone backed into me in a parking lot. Hit the hitch cover in the bumper mainly, but hit me hard enough that they broke the cover for the hitch wiring (flip up cover). I wanted to get a new cover, but can't seem to find the part number.

·
Super Moderator
2,416 Posts

Someone backed into me in a parking lot. Hit the hitch cover in the bumper mainly, but hit me hard enough that they broke the cover for the hitch wiring (flip up cover). I wanted to get a new cover, but can't seem to find the part number.
I couldn’t find any specific part numbers inside the hitch kit L101SXC004. You might want to call or stop by your dealer’s parts counter and see if they can help.

side note: are your blind spot monitors and reverse auto braking still working? They can easily be jarred out of place when someone bumps your rear bumper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldn’t find any specific part numbers inside the hitch kit L101SXC004. You might want to call or stop by your dealer’s parts counter and see if they can help.

side note: are your blind spot monitors and reverse auto braking still working? They can easily be jarred out of place when someone bumps your rear bumper.
Thanks for looking, I had suspected as much in terms of the bundling with tow package. I'll check with my dealership.

All the sensors are working fine, automatic braking decided I was too close to a hedge recently so it works. Seems whoever hit me was surgically idiotic and only broke the hitch cover and wiring cover.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I would first try an auto parts store or trailer supply store and see if you can't pull one off an off the shelf 7 pin connector kit. Probably be a whole lot cheaper than trying to get the OEM part.

·
Registered
110 Posts

This may be the part number you’re looking for in terms of the center bumper panel hitch cover...

57731XC07A

1 - 6 of 6 Posts