Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. After realizing we didn’t want to risk towing close to max with our previous trailer, we sold it. After researching Wolf Pups, Geo-Pro and others, we landed on the Crossroads Sunset Trail S188BH. I just finished adding electric jack and dual propane tanks. I’ll post pics hooked up. Tongue weight was right at 420 lbs. dry weight before loading equipment and jack/propane was 3813 lbs. Great weight for an 8ft wide and a slide!

·
Registered
233 Posts
That looks like a pretty nice trailer! I'm curious since it wasn't listed in this post, what was your previous trailer that you deemed too heavy?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Very nice trailer indeed.

Seems like you get outta Dodge quite easily for a week or so when needed.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks like a pretty nice trailer! I'm curious since it wasn't listed in this post, what was your previous trailer that you deemed too heavy?
See my other post :)

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
After adding the dual full propane tanks, dual batteries , loading all our gear, and electric hitch jack, I am right at 480-490 lbs on the tongue. I’ll try to shift a few items from the front compartment.

I have the rally innovations heavy duty overload springs going on Wednesday and the ADF level kit going on as well. The springs will help with the sag, which will help things a bit too. The springs add 10% weight and tongue threshold. Not that I would load it more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts