Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
I agree with the importance of good tires, but I wonder how the Castle Rock tires meet DOT specifications. I know I was concerned with a bulge in one of my Castle Rock tires, NOT a bubble, but a bulge, and have relegated it to the spare position, at least through the winter.
I just read on etrailer that Lions Gate, the maker of Castle Rock tires, is also the manufacturer of other brands. That worries me some, as I am seriously thinking of replacing the tires in the spring.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi Kevin,
Here's a link to my best photos of the bulge and non-bulge tires.

The bulge is where the belts meet the sidewall.

If you scroll down, you'll see that I changed it out and then had my brother-in-law come over and inspect it.

He was the head hands-on guy for the testing of brakes and tires for Ford at their Dearborn, MI, facility.

That bulge is still there even when off the trailer. I know that it is on the bottom in the photo, but it just happened to be there when I took the photo. I didn't take a photo of the tire after it was off the trailer. I should have, but just forgot to do it before mounting that wheel and tire on the back bumper bracket and covering the trailer for the winter.

Thanks,
Ken

1 - 2 of 2 Posts