Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day All -

I've been having a great time with my new Ascent and have had a very favorable experience towing our new Lance 1475 Travel Trailer (Loaded Total Weight close to 4000 pounds and Tongue Weight about 475 pound). Really great stability, even wh

While towing in California this week the Ascent did really, really well. Lotsa powers, even up mountain grades. Really great stability, even with passing trucks.

I'm using the ScanGauge II to monitor AT Temps and it seems like I average up into the 220-230 range. My high has been around 260.

I haven't had any AT Temp Warnings yet. What is the TR690 High Temp Alarm Setting? I saw a note somewhere on this site that suggested 243 Degrees, but have never seen an alarm at that temp(?)

Any thoughts? Any observations and experiences towing in the mountains and expected AT Temp Readings?

·
Administrator
12,146 Posts
IIRC, but don't quote me, 265°F

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
1,378 Posts
The service manual shows 243 deg F as a breakpoint for engine oil temperature diagnosis (it seems that below that is considered normal). I don't see anything regarding the setpoint for the CVT fluid temperature light, unfortunately.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I too, have a scangaugeII and programmed the TFT , and in the winter, not towing, I'm not seeing anything over 150F, even up hill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts