Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got back from a 600 mile round-trip visit to Henry's Lake in Idaho hauling our 1775 Lund Adventure Sport. We traveled at 65 mph and averaged 20 mpg at elevations between 4,500 and 6,500 ft. I've been very pleased with the Ascent for towing and launching the boat. The little red cross on the rear camera allows me to back the Ascent right under the trailer hitch every time, so easy to hook up the boat solo.

This is the second time we've made this trip, but for 2020 we added the Covert-A-Ball Dual Cushioned trailer hitch (see photo) It made the trip much more comfortable. It has a cushion in the vertical and horizontal planes and really smooths and quiets the trailering experience, including over bumpy dirt roads. Many times on the freeway, I could not even notice the trailer. I found this to be a very big improvement over a standard ball hitch where every bump is directly transferred to the car frame (the torture test was road construction where they had moved the right lane over big drain grills placed about every 200 feet that fell right in line with the passenger-side tires). I could hear but not really feel each drain we went over for about five miles - a much more pleasant experience).

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Transport Compact sport utility vehicle
Tool

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.