Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my own trailer this time and it's 200lbs lighter, so 4,500lbs this time.

Went from Phoenix to Chuckwalla Raceway (near Joshua Tree, CA) with the Mustang and trailer in tow. The Ascent did beautifully again. No problem accelerating to highway speeds, even on the uphill ramps. Even had it where the car in front was accelerating too slow and I had to slow down!

450 miles for the whole trip, yet averaged over 16mpg at 65-70mph.

In the picture the backend looks well squatted and it was. I did move the Mustang back to spread the weight better and then the suspension eased up. No problems towing, even in heavy crosswinds. My tow weight and vehicle weight are almost identical but it handles really well.

I love it!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Glad to see somebody towing a racecar with the ascent! This is the main reason I purchased the vehicle.

How much does your foxbody weigh? I weighed my Impreza in at 2850 pounds with a full tank of gas, full interior, and misc. parts in the car.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My foxbody is 3030lbs. That plus my 1,470lb trailer puts me at 4,500 even!

Obviously getting near the limit you have to pay attention to the weight distribution (you can even see how wrong it is in my picture!!) but the Ascent is definitely up to the task. I do not regret trading in my truck on the Ascent!

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.