Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Would all 2019 Touring levels have the tow package already on them or is that an upgrade?
None of the trim levels come with the hitch receiver as standard.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
1,288 Posts
It may depend on what you mean by "tow package".

All Premium, Limited, and Touring (in the US nomenclature, anyway) come with the additional liquid coolers, the rear differential temperature sensor, and the 5,000 pound towing rating. This was commonly called something like a "towing prep package" or "towing prep group" back in the day that was often added as an option or perhaps came as standard equipment on some vehicles. All Premium, Limited, and Touring models come ready to support the towing of 5,000 pounds.

However, as stated above, no Ascent came standard with the receiver hitch itself. It could be added as an accessory either directly at the factory or at the dealer, but no trim or option group included the receiver hitch itself as standard equipment.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I was quite reluctant to buy the OEM hitch kit and install it myself, so I paid $500 installed (during the order). However, if you want to save some money, several ppl on here proved that it's straight forward w/ the installation; bumper removal, unbolt and bolt, and connect to prewired harness at the cargo area.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,218 Posts
so I paid $500 installed (during the order).
I received the same discount (VIP) on the hitch receiver that I got on the vehicle when I ordered it, so the cost was well under $500 port installed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was quite reluctant to buy the OEM hitch kit and install it myself, so I paid $500 installed (during the order). However, if you want to save some money, several ppl on here proved that it's straight forward w/ the installation; bumper removal, unbolt and bolt, and connect to prewired harness at the cargo area.
I bought the hitch kit (with Costco Executive coupon) and installed it myself. It has not fallen off.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It may depend on what you mean by "tow package".

All Premium, Limited, and Touring (in the US nomenclature, anyway) come with the additional liquid coolers, the rear differential temperature sensor, and the 5,000 pound towing rating. This was commonly called something like a "towing prep package" or "towing prep group" back in the day that was often added as an option or perhaps came as standard equipment on some vehicles. All Premium, Limited, and Touring models come ready to support the towing of 5,000 pounds.

However, as stated above, no Ascent came standard with the receiver hitch itself. It could be added as an accessory either directly at the factory or at the dealer, but no trim or option group included the receiver hitch itself as standard equipment.
That’s good to know. augmented cooling is often overlooked when adding a hitch for heavy towing. Whether pulling a couple thousand pound or up near the top spec’d towing capacity.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts