Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am deciding between the touring and limited model but had a concern with both the brown color and of the AC seat function. I am an avid mtb rider and am concerned that the brown seats (vs black on limited) would get dirty after a season but also that the small holes for the seat ac may accumulate dirt and also sweat. Often I am unable to shower and have to drive home for several hours with the windows and sunroof open.

Also, of interest I currently own a 2018 3.6 outback limited that I liked until i test rode the ascent. I prefer the steering, suspension setting, ease of controls, higher step up and sitting position, moonroof and turbo engine over the 3.6 in the outback. Als0, on long drive i have the steering wheel adjusted all the way down and out so i can rest my arm on the side door and hold the wheel. I wish that both the ascent and outback telescoped another 2 inches. Doing this blocks my view of the info on the gauges but with the ascent screen in the upper middle of the dashboard, i see still view the screen. Most important, i am 6’3” and i fit better in the ascent with the thigh supppports. I sit higher and believe the chairs are about an inch wider. I also like the 4 way adjustable lumbar support. With the captain chairs and shades i can sit in the back seat and change clothes and before a race i can sit all the way in the 3rd row with the 2nd row seats down to relax and stretch out my legs. For those of you who are biker, my 21 inch mtb or fat bike does not fit in the rear of the outback unless i take the wheel off but it does fit in the ascent.

thank you for your feedback.

·
Registered
682 Posts
The front seats in the Touring are ventilated - not "Air-Conditioned." They simply circulate ambient air. If you've got the cabin reasonably cool with A/C, you'll get a refreshing breeze down there, but it's not like the true "cooled" seats in other vehicles.

As for those holes....

Yes, you'll get some dirt in them. My experience from outdoor activities and other perforated-leather Subarus is that yes, you'll get dirt in those little holes, but truthfully, unless you're *wet* with mud, what I've been able to deposit as dry dirt wipes out pretty easily with a wet rag.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.