Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Request feedback regarding Ascent Touring proposed pricing of $42,936 which includes: Destination, Hitch, Bumper Cover and Auto Dimming Mirrors. Delivery is not an issue.
Would you accept this deal and preorder or persue others?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Request feedback regarding Ascent Touring proposed pricing of $42,936 which includes: Destination, Hitch, Bumper Cover and Auto Dimming Mirrors. Delivery is not an issue.
What do you mean by delivery is not an issue? Are you referring to the dealership shipping the car to you or the actual "destination and delivery" charge that is on the window sticker?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Good price.

·
Registered
217 Posts
What do you mean by delivery is not an issue? Are you referring to the dealership shipping the car to you or the actual "destination and delivery" charge that is on the window sticker?
Ask for an out the door price to include taxes, title and any other costs. Then you will know if its a good deal.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Invoice on that build is $42,809 so there is prolly still some wiggle room but pretty good deal nonetheless.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Agree. For a Touring with options, pretty good deal (although the caveat is where u live might have an effect since some people here in other states have been able to get below MSRP whereas others like myself can’t find too many dealers who will go below MSRP in Cali.)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agree. For a Touring with options, pretty good deal (although the caveat is where u live might have an effect since some people here in other states have been able to get below MSRP whereas others like myself can’t find too many dealers who will go below MSRP in Cali.)
Agree with caveat. So far, Dealers in this area (PA) are sticking close to MSRP. It was worth checking out of state if you can make the numbers work.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi Guys,

Great topic!!

What do you generally consider a good deal on a car. I preordered a Limited w/ HK/Nav/Moonroof package with a hitch. The dealer at the time of Pre-order was going off of MSRP pricing which was $43K .

I know generally that MSRP is often "disregarded" by many.

Do you basically look at the Invoice and hope to get within a certain percentage or dollar value of the Invoice price?

It has been a few years since I have made a purchase and you guys have brought up a lot of eye opening details on this forum for me :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Agree with caveat. So far, Dealers in this area (PA) are sticking close to MSRP. It was worth checking out of state if you can make the numbers work.
Who was the dealer offering this price?
I'm also from PA and no one in PA gave me less than the MSRP. So I had to try out of state and found one in VA. Ordered Limited with PK#23. Let me know if you want to try with my dealer. I'm not sure the price I received only for the initial allotment or not, but give it a shot.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Who was the dealer offering this price?
I'm also from PA and no one in PA gave me less than the MSRP. So I had to try out of state and found one in VA. Ordered Limited with PK#23. Let me know if you want to try with my dealer. I'm not sure the price I received only for the initial allotment or not, but give it a shot.
Like to try your dealer.

·
Registered
292 Posts
For those in California: the best dealers from a pricing standpoint seem to be:
1) NorCal - Albany Subaru who's basically offering the car at $1000 above invoice (with possibly opportunities to negotiate some more)
2) SoCal/ Central Valley - Bakersfield Subaru who, with negotiations, can be within 2% of invoice (ranges from invoice to about $1000 above invoice). Bakersfield Subaru is willing to ship the car to your house (my pre-order is being shipped to the bay area).

Of course, option 3) would be to purchase the car from one of the ultra competitive dealers that others mentioned on this forum: Illinois (Berman/Grand), Colorado (Heuberger), etc., where you can get the car at or under invoice, but you'll have to pay for shipping of the car: ~$1000-1600 - this offsets a lot of the savings.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Of course, option 3) would be to purchase the car from one of the ultra competitive dealers that others mentioned on this forum: Illinois (Berman/Grand), Colorado (Heuberger), etc., where you can get the car at or under invoice, but you'll have to pay for shipping of the car: ~$1000-1600 - this offsets a lot of the savings.
I'll try our local dealer first when we do pull the trigger on the Ascent. But I also don't mind driving to CO or IL to pick-up the car if these guys present an awesome deal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Guys,

Great topic!!

What do you generally consider a good deal on a car. I preordered a Limited w/ HK/Nav/Moonroof package with a hitch. The dealer at the time of Pre-order was going off of MSRP pricing which was $43K .

I know generally that MSRP is often "disregarded" by many.

Do you basically look at the Invoice and hope to get within a certain percentage or dollar value of the Invoice price?

It has been a few years since I have made a purchase and you guys have brought up a lot of eye opening details on this forum for me :)
Here in WI, I ordered a similar build but plus dimming exterior mirror (09U) and total out the door is 42.7k.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts