Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one of the info screens in the touring model has general info like MPG average speed and in the upper right miles till fill up.
The car has 1600 miles, so is def still in break in...but a long trip yesterday and today...that number ...miles till fill up....varied from what seemed like the correct amount IE 220...i was approaching 1/2 tank on the center screen, so it looked right then it went up and over the course of an hour driving..it then read 250......and stayed there until at the end of the trip with a little less than 1/2 tank i filled it...the reading now back to 360....i know not to relay on that number but the variance..especially increasing is puzzling...
PROBLEM???? or just breakin.... y concern, if this is funky...what about other readings....again thank you...

·
Registered
567 Posts
So one of the info screens in the touring model has general info like MPG average speed and in the upper right miles till fill up.
The car has 1600 miles, so is def still in break in...but a long trip yesterday and today...that number ...miles till fill up....varied from what seemed like the correct amount IE 220...i was approaching 1/2 tank on the center screen, so it looked right then it went up and over the course of an hour driving..it then read 250......and stayed there until at the end of the trip with a little less than 1/2 tank i filled it...the reading now back to 360....i know not to relay on that number but the variance..especially increasing is puzzling...
PROBLEM???? or just breakin.... y concern, if this is funky...what about other readings....again thank you...
Went you MPG start going up (or down), that number changes. Sometimes by a lot - such as going from stop/go city traffic and then getting on the interstate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not the MPG...but rather the miles till empty my mpg stayed steady at 26.3 26.4 the miles till empty rose from 220 tp 260 the number of miles left in the tank should shorten ..the longer I drive....thats the confusing part...

·
Registered
776 Posts
That's peculair. I can understand the DTE rising if you are driving and achieving higher MPG's as you continue to drive, even as you burn through a tank of gas, but mathematically, for the consumption to remain steady at 26.x mpg the entire time, yet have the DTE rise from 220 to 260 over an hour of driving is odd (I'm assuming you drove more than 20-30 miles over this time). I'd see if it keeps doing this, if it does I would have them look at it during your first service.

This has noting to do with break in, it sounds like you may have a glitch in your system.

·
Registered
205 Posts
My mpg is showing much lower on the screen than hand figured. Also I noticed the music sometimes shows the right artist with the old song. Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts